University of Abuj
Description of University of Abuj
- Established: 1988
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Language of instruction: English.
University of Abuja (UofA) was founded in 1988 and is the highest public educational institution in Nigeria. The university offers a variety of popular undergraduate and graduate programs at 10 faculties:
- Of arts
- Health sciences
- Management Sciences
- Social sciences
- Veterinary medicine
UofA is part of the Association of African Universities (AAU).
Things to know about
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of Abuj
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides the opportunity to live in a hostel.
- The university is in the top 5 best universities in the country
- The institution offers distance learning programs and scholarship programs to its students.
Facilities and equipment at University of Abuj
The educational institution is located in the capital of Nigeria - Abuja. The material and technical base of UofA includes:
- The audience
- Scientific laboratories
- The library
- University Medical Center, equipped with modern equipment
- Sports facilities include an Olympic-sized football field, a volleyball court and a large tennis court.
Admission dates and extra charges
The school has a two-semester academic year.
- The cost of living in Abuja = $ 532 -965 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university, it is necessary to provide documents on education and pass entrance exams. Depending on the chosen program, additional requirements may be presented to the applicant.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of Abuj
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.