Universitas Negeri Semarang (UNNES) is an environmentally oriented public university. As an educational institution, UNNES intends to become a home of advanced science on the development of civilization, so it retains its identity as a scientific institution tasked with developing the potential of Indonesian human resources.
UNNES organizes vocational education (D3), bachelor's (S1), master's (S2), doctoral (S3) and vocational education programs. There are 85 curricula in eight faculties and postgraduate studies.
The symbol of the university is the golden wings and the red lotus, embodying the eight values of nature conservation: inspiration, humanism, care, innovation, creativity, sportsmanship, honesty and justice.
Places in the hostel are distributed in turn, organized by lists at the beginning of the year.
The cost of living in all variants is the same - 150,000 Indonesian rupiah (about $ 2012).
There are several alternative places to stay while studying at UNNES:in a boarding house or rented apartment.
In Sekaran there is a boarding house, the accommodation of which will cost 1.5 million rupees per year. There are also more comfortable boarding houses at a price of 5 to 7 million Indonesian rupiah per year.
The university is located on a green area, characterized by lush vegetation and coolness.
Most UNNES students are Muslims. There are mosques on campus:
To serve students and other scientists, the university provided the Center for Medical Care (Puslakes). 50 meters from the campus is the wellness center "Sekaran".
The Internet at Semarang State University uses 1.6 GB of bandwidth supported by fiber-optic connections between faculties. To provide students with convenient access to the Internet, access pointshave been distributed throughout the campus that can be used free of charge.
Additional expenses of students include:
All applicants must have a certificate of completion of secondary education.
The university provides several types of scholarships:
Most of them are paid as rewards for academic achievement. Students are also provided with emergency financial assistance if necessary.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.