Yogyakarta State University
Description of Yogyakarta State University
- Location: Yogyakarta, Indonesia
- Year of foundation: 1964
- Language of instruction: Indonesian, English
- Number of students: more than 30 000
- Type of education: mixed.
Universitas Negeri Yogyakarta (UNY) was founded in 1964 on the basis of the Yogyakarta Pedagogical Institute. In 2007, a survey conducted by the Directorate-General of Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia showed that UNY is the only educational institution for teaching staff among 20 universities in Indonesia. For this reason, the university has formed a development team for World Class University (WCU).
About 28,000 bachelors, more than 3,000 graduate students study here annually. Disciplines are taught by a composition of 1147 specialists: professors, doctoral students, candidates of sciences.
Faculties of the university:
- Languages and arts
- Social sciences
- Sports education.
Evaluation system in letters and points:
- A: 4.00 = very good
- A-: 3.67 = almost very good
- B: 3.00 = good
- C+: 2.33 = more than enough
- C: 2.00 = enough
- D: 1.00 = not enough
- E: 0 = bad.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Yogyakarta State University
Activities Yogyakarta State University
After hours, students can develop their talents in circles and sections:
- Sports: volleyball, chess, rugby, softball, football, etc.
- Creative: music, traditional art, vocal choir, photography, etc.
- Scientific: technology research, press agency, research groups, foreign languages
- Public: various student associations
- Social: volunteering, participation in public events.
Facilities and equipment at Yogyakarta State University
The university has 4 campuses in Yogyakarta. The main campus is located in the Sleman region in the heart of the town. Nearby there are cafes and restaurants, shops, hostels.
On the territory of the university there are:
- Religious places: department of Islamic spiritual activity, Catholic student association, etc.
- Premises for events, creative and sports sections.
- Playgrounds for team games
- Fields for tennis, football, rugby, etc.
- Fenced places for martial arts
- Shooting range for archery
Admission dates and extra charges
Education takes place in semesters or in a continuous format.
Important dates of the school year:
- 1st semester: January-June
- 2nd semester: July-November.
Additional monthly expenses include:
- Mobile communication, Internet
- Medical care
- Student societies
- Gyms, sections
- Tuition fees
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Important dates for admission:
- Online registration: March 16-July 30
- Selection process: August
- Enrollment Announcement: August
- Arrival of enrolled students: until August 12
- Enrolled student registration: August 13-21
- Beginning of the school year: August 30.
Upon admission, each new student pays a registration fee of $ 30-50.
Required documents for all programs:
- Copy of passport biographical page/other equivalent proof of citizenship
- Completed application form
- Copy of school leaving certificate, transcript of academic performance
- Two scanned letters of recommendation
- Curriculum/Motivation Letter in English or Indonesian
- Copy of English language proficiency certificate from TOEFL/ITP/IBT/IELTS/TOEIC
- Scanned medical certificate from a public hospital
- Financial confirmation (from $ 4000) of solvency.
Scholarships Yogyakarta State University
Options for material assistance and incentives:
- Kemitraan Negara Berkembang (KNB)AcademicScholarship.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Yogyakarta State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.