The cost of private boarding schools in London depends on various factors. The further the school is from London, Oxford, Cambridge or Manchester, the cheaper it will be with absolutely the same quality level. The cost of living away from major cities is lower, wages are lower, and taxes are reduced - this explains the lower cost.
With the same location, there is a relationship: the higher the price, the better the school. We recommend choosing a school not for the price (as far as possible), but for the “content”. When choosing a school, one should look at the student's individual interests, his creative and academic abilities, his extracurricular activities and inclinations. The choice of school is the most important task: the child's motivation for further education and his success will depend on the general climate of the school.
The cost of studying and living in an independent school in London / outside London during the academic year is:
- UK : £ 28,000 to £ 45,000 per year. The cost of studying at a private school in London is about £ 45,000 per year.
- Switzerland : schools for kids - from 40,000 Swiss francs per year, high schools - from 55,000 francs per year.
- Canada : the average price for a boarding school is from $ 55,000 CAD per year, but there are also secondary schools with a program for international students - up to $ 28,000 CAD per year (with homestay)
- USA : from $ 50,000 per year.
- In other countries: from 23,000 to 50,000 euros.
The cost of education in schools grows on average by 5-8% per year.
When choosing a country and an education system, the most important is the language in which the training is conducted. Most parents prefer English. Note that in Europe, for example, there are excellent American schools that are ideal for further admission to prestigious American universities. In addition, it is possible to study under the International Baccalaureate (IB) system in English in schools around the world. You can find American schools in London. Education in English can be completed not only in Canada, England, Switzerland, Ireland and the USA, but in almost any country in the world:
- France (Ecoles des Roches, Ermitage, Saint-Denis International School)
- Spain (King's College, Sotogrande International School, International School San Patricio Toledo, Sage College)
- UAE (Swiss International, Repton School)
- Austria (St. Gilgen School, Amadeus School) and many others.
The most important factors when choosing will be the following:
- where is the student going to continue his studies
- what are the future family plans for permanent residence
- where he plans to build careers and other important moments.
Other things being equal, secondary criteria may play a role - climate, convenience of transport, ease of visa regime for parents to visit. All this influences whether you and your child will like the future school.