Schools in Dubai for foreign students today are becoming more affordable. Educational institutions in Dubai are very popular around the world, and the graduation from the school in Dubai is considered prestigious, so that the certificate of graduation will help the student to achieve success not only in the educational sphere, but also in the long term in a professional career. SMAPSE experts ranked TOP-10 schools in Dubai for foreign students so that you could choose an educational institution in accordance with your requests.
Schools in Dubai are ready to accept for education students from different countries of the world, the government of the United Arab Emirates has created the most favorable conditions for both its residents and foreign students. There is a sufficiently developed system of education in the country, which ensures a high level of literacy among the population (note, only a century ago the majority of the population, especially the female population, was illiterate). To date, secondary education is compulsory both for UAE citizens and for migrants from different countries of the world who have received a work visa or residence permit. For these categories of the population, education is available in public schools, as well as in private schools. In addition, the country has developed a system of home schooling. It should be noted that foreign students have the right to attend state educational institutions for a fee, in contrast to the local population, for which education in public schools is free. In addition, it is necessary to take into account the following aspects of education in similar institutions:
- Starting with the 7th grade, students are divided by gender - that is, boys are taught separately from girls. This tradition is quite common in the UAE, and in some private schools it is possible to meet it;
- Attention should be paid to the possible necessity of compulsory study of the Muslim religion - Islam. In all public schools, Islam is a compulsory discipline.
- In most cases, the education will take place in Arabic (in the case of private schools the choice is wider - it is possible to study in English, French, German, etc.);
- It is important to note that local residents do not want to get into public schools with sufficient income, but prefer higher-quality education in private educational institutions. In Dubai, there are many international educational institutions that accept for education foreign students. Education in such institutions is carried out according to the educational program of a particular country, in accordance with the school's membership.
When choosing a private institution in Dubai for your child, you need to consider the following main aspects:
- Location of the educational institution regarding the place of residence. Despite the fact that most international schools provide their students with daily movement from home to school and back on a free school bus, it will be best if the school is within walking distance of your place of residence - so the student will not have to spend any part of the day in the bus.
- Reputation and ranking of the educational institution: this information is on our website, also you can look for the rankings of schools Dubai for foreign students.
- Type of educational program. To date, the most popular and in-demand educational programs are educational programs in the US, the UK, and Germany.
- The cost of educational services in an educational institution directly depends on the ranking and popularity of the institution. The cost of the year of study can range from 4,000 $ - 5,000 $ in ordinary private schools to 10,000 $ or more in the most prestigious and ranking schools. It should be noted that in spite of the fact that private schools determine their pricing policy independently, the state intervenes and freezes prices in some cases: this happened in 2014, when many foreign students and local residents complained of a sharp rise in prices, and the cost of education under the British program in Dubai cost much more than the British education itself in Britain.
- Availability of free places in the educational institution. Of course, in Dubai and the UAE there are a sufficient number of various private educational institutions that accept for the education of foreign students, but some schools, especially international ones, working on US educational programs and the UK, are so popular and in demand that places in them simply may not be enough for all comers - it is necessary either to "score" a place in advance or to choose another educational institution.
- Bureaucratic procedures during admission to the educational institution. Each school in Dubai requires a package of documents consisting of a statement from parents or guardians in both English and Arabic, a child's birth certificate and / or passport, a parent's passport acting as a sponsor (payer), and some others, the list of which depends on the specific educational institution. All documents must be translated into English and / or Arabic and officially notarized.
- Other requirements of specific educational institutions. In a number of private schools in Dubai, for successful enrollment, it is necessary to pass additional tests or exams, although there are also such schools where there are no introductory tests.