5 best public high schools in Toronto, Ontario for foreign students. Description, rankings, 2023 fees
- Education information
- Advantages of studying in the best high schools in Toronto, Ontario for schoolchildren and students
- Study in the top high schools in Toronto, Canada, for foreign students
- The best High School Programs in Toronto
- Enrollment requirements to the best High School programs in Toronto
Studying in Toronto, Ontario in the best, prestigious high schools for foreign students: you will find a description of international programs, their tuition fees, ratings and reviews for each course, and SMAPSE local managers in international education will help you choose the most suitable program for studying from the list. FREE services and assistance in enrolling and applying to partner schools and universities in Toronto, Ontario for foreign students, the number of places is limited.
If we consider accessibility and quality, the level of education in Canada is considered one of the best in the world. In the prestigious QS ranking, Toronto regularly ranks first in the ranking of the top best student cities and is considered one of the most desirable places to study abroad. Toronto has everything for a comfortable life for a foreign students: an international community, various options for youth entertainment, natural locations, and, of course, the best schools and universities!
Advantages of studying in the best high schools in Toronto, Ontario for schoolchildren and students
- There are a lot of expats permanently residing in the city: more than 30% of the population are migrants. According to studies conducted in Canada, such a high ratio of foreign citizens and locals stimulates the educational process;
- English is the main language of instruction in Toronto. Special EFL programs and language courses are provided for international children with zero knowledge of the language in order to support the adaptation of schoolchildren in the learning environment;
- Toronto schools have adopted the practice of an individual approach to each student and the transfer of children from class to class in accordance with the student's readiness for the next step, so children of completely different ages can study in the same class. Foreign students can graduate from school either a little earlier or a little later than 18 years old.
- Having a study visa to Canada entitles you to work without additional costs for obtaining a special permit.
- Diplomas and certificates of Canadian educational institutions are recognized in all English-speaking and many European countries, expanding the boundaries of subsequent employment.
Study in the top high schools in Toronto, Canada, for foreign students
The country's high school curriculum is called the High school diploma. The educational course provides for 4-year education with further obtaining an international school graduation certificate, which allows foreign students to enroll in universities in Canada, the USA, and other countries with English-speaking universities.
The flexibility of the Canadian education system lies in the fact that you can enter a number of schools after any high school class - they will always be able to offer you options for graduating from school in the optimal time (this fact does not apply to the IB and High School programs in grades 11 and 12).
It is also a big plus - there is no strict rule in the country that a student must be 18 full years old to enter a university, which allows in some cases to complete studies under the accelerated Pre-University program offered at one of our partner colleges Columbia International College, by the way, this accelerated program academic year costs only 35,000 Canadian dollars per year, including accommodation and meals!
We would also like to note that most parents and foreign students prefer to choose boarding schools for study and accommodation.
Both public and private institutions provide boarding-type education, as well as school education in the USA. Private educational institutions are more expensive than public ones, but their technical, educational and laboratory support allows students to get high graduation scores and enroll in elite universities. The advantage of boarding schools can be considered the possibility of year-round residence of children either in a family (older guys), or on campus with a huge, well developed infrastructure.
Most of the institutions with which SMAPSE cooperates include a powerful sports complex for the active development of children, provide for a significant number of extracurricular activities, thematic clubs and circles of interest for the development of a future specialty. For example, in Canada, in addition to traditional sports disciplines, those types of physical activity that need to be done outdoors are very popular:
- Going to the mountains;
- Survival in the forest and others.
In the list of creative activities that you can do in your free time, such as music, painting, theater, dancing, and so on.
Education in Canada will not only allow your child to build a successful career in the future, but will also ensure the versatile development of your child, accommodation in comfortable boarding schools and educational programs recognized in the leading universities of the world.
Please note that you can apply to study at a Canadian school not only in September, but also throughout the year. The academic year in this country lasts about 10 months – from September to June with several breaks for holidays (usually from 7 to 10 days). Thus, the whole year is divided not into quarters, but into two semesters, as in domestic universities.
- We recommend parents and foreign schoolchildren not to choose a single educational institution, but to have a couple more school options in stock, so that in case of refusal in one, they can get into another. After choosing an institution, the candidate must fill out an application form on the school's website, and then prepare and send to the administration of the educational institution a standard package of documents:
- Student's passport + birth certificate;
- Copy of a visa to enter the country;
- School report card with studied disciplines and grades on them and documents on previous education (including additional classes, mugs, etc.);
- Medical certificate (if necessary, pass a medical examination to have fresh data).
Also, in order to successfully pass the competition to the top Toronto high schools, international students must pass several tests: at the academic level – the Secondary School Admission Test (SSAT) or Canadian Achievement Tests (CAT), as well as at the language level – ELTS or TOEFL for English and DALF for French. Some educational institutions also organize internal examinations for applicants corresponding to similar tasks. After passing all these stages, the main thing remains – to successfully pass a personal interview with a representative of the school. Then you can pack your bags to Canada.
The best High School Programs in Toronto
Secondary education in Canada offers many options through which students can obtain a high school diploma. Since education is controlled at the provincial rather than national level, this means that different provinces have different programs:
- British Columbia;
- and Alberta.
Consider the main educational programs for high school students in Canada - Ontario High School Diploma. Schools in Canada with High School located in Ontario offer the Ontario Secondary School Diploma. According to this program, a student must complete 40 hours of community service, pass a literacy exam. The educational program includes:
• Natural Sciences;
• History of Canada;
• Geography of Canada;
• Health Sciences;
• Physical training;
• Professional research.
Enrollment requirements to the best High School programs in Toronto
To enroll in high school in Canada, international students must:
- Confirm fluency in English (get an IELTS, TOEFL certificate);
- School reports for the last two years;
- Motivation letter;
- Photos, etc.