Learning a foreign language is best organized abroad, or rather - in his native country. Therefore, for foreign students the best option is to go for these purposes to the UK. On the territory of the state operates a huge number of schools and educational centers, where a foreign student can easily improve their knowledge of the English language, with educational institutions located in every British city. One of the most popular cities for learning - Oxford, where the eponymous world-famous university is located: this is a great place for young people, combining the spirit of English culture and the atmosphere of the real students.
Learn English in Oxford - the best schools for international students
In this British city there are several dozen private schools, educational centers and language camps, where hundreds of students from different countries come every year. SMAPSE experts will talk about schools that are considered to be the best and elite, that's why they are very much in demand among students.
- St. Clare's Oxford. One of the most prestigious educational institutions, not only in Oxford, but in the whole of Britain. This private school is distinguished by a high academic level and the ability to study many subjects in-depth program + here is a very rich extracurricular program. Here young people from 15 to 18 years can improve their level of English and prepare for education in leading universities. The city is located just an hour's drive from London, so students can visit the British capital on their own free time.
- Bellerbys College Oxford. The branch of the famous British network of educational centers is also in the city of Oxford. College Bellerbis is part of the famous university, which requires no representation. The campus of this elite private school is located in the heart of the city, from which it takes only 10 minutes to the center. The school is perfect for young people aged 13-18 who seek higher education in the walls of leading and prestigious universities. Bellerbys College Oxford takes pride of place on the list of TOP-30 private organizations in the country.
- d'Overbroeck's College. British private school of joint education for students from 11 to 18 years. This educational institution is famous for its effective educational programs combined with a friendly, almost family environment. The college campus is located around the city of Oxford, just an hour's drive from the nearest international airport (Heathrow). For high school students, the school offers programs for in-depth study of basic disciplines - up to 35 subjects from the high school course! For the convenience of learning, students are separated by age, which helps them to concentrate more on the learning process, and therefore, to successfully prepare for entering the desired university.
- Oxford Tutorial College. Such an institution of a private type specializes in preparing young people for admission to British universities. Annually in the college there are studied up to 200 students with the age from 15 to 18 years. Among the students of the school there can be not only local residents but also foreign students, so the first school week is aimed at adapting students from other countries: they get acquainted with the peculiarities of British culture, learn in Oxford, learn the rules and the school's charter. Students are teached by qualified specialists, many of whom graduated from Oxford University. For the effectiveness of the process, studies take place in small groups, where the teacher can give enough attention to the students.
- St Edwards School Oxford. Originally, the school was in the center of Oxford, but over time the campus moved to a cozy and quiet suburb. St Edwards School Oxford can be called a large educational institution - up to 700 students can study here annually. Every tenth student is studied on a full board basis (accommodation and meals on campus), the rest is on full-time tuition. The proposed educational courses at the St Edwards School are designed for middle and senior students from 13 to 18 years. This is one of the first British schools, where to prepare for universities began to use the international format program on a par with the British A-level - it's about International Baccalaureate. According to the statistics of the school, its graduates enter prestigious British universities in 100%, including the famous Oxford and Cambridge.
Tuition fees in Oxford schools: prices, list, ranking of educational institutions
The question of the cost of study in British schools depends on the specific institution, as it is formed taking into account several indicators: this is the duration of the education, the format (board or full-time), the proposed educational courses, extracurricular program and much more. On average, the cost of education during one term for foreign students will be from 7,000 £ to 15,000 £, depending on the status of the institution.