- Studying foreign languages in summer schools in Switzerland
- Leading linguistic schools in Switzerland: summer courses
- Tuition fees in Swiss summer schools for foreign students
Private schools in Switzerland offer educational programs for foreign students on the study of foreign languages during the vacation months. In this country there are a variety of educational institutions for different categories of students. The Swiss educational system is one of the most convenient among European countries, as it allows you to learn not one foreign language, but several: French, German, Italian and, of course, English. Priority language depends on the region of the country and the educational institution. However, many schools offer students learning in 2 or even 3 languages.
Studying foreign languages in summer schools in Switzerland
Children's and youth schools and foreign camps offer various educational programs for foreign students - from low to advanced level. Students are usually distributed to groups on the day of their arrival in the summer school: for this, all students are tested, by means of which the starting level of knowledge is measured. Based on the results of the test, the students are assigned to the educational groups in such a way that all participants have a similar level of knowledge.
The standard curriculum lasts 2 weeks, but many schools offer educational courses of different lengths - 4, 6 or 8 weeks. The number of study hours each week is 15-20 hours of studying a foreign language. In addition to linguistic studies, summer schools abroad organize for their students a rich leisure and cultural and entertainment program. This is doing sports, visiting circles and sections, participating in social events (parties, discos, talent shows, competitions and so on). Another notable part of the extracurricular program is excursions and sightseeing in different parts of Switzerland. Since the educational process is usually organized from Monday to Friday, Saturday and Sunday remain free for cultural acquaintance with a foreign country.
Leading linguistic schools in Switzerland: summer courses
SMAPSE experts will tell you about several summer language camps organized on the territory of the best, prestigious and top educational institutions of the country:
- La Garenne International Summer Camp. The summer program for foreign students operates on the basis of one of the elite boarding schools in Switzerland. The camp is open from June to August and offers programs in 2 languages - English and French. The school grounds are located near the resort town of Villars-sur-Ollon, 30 minutes from the international airport in Geneva. The curriculum of the La Garenne summer school includes 15 academic hours each week, taking into account that the education runs from Monday to Friday. This summer language camp is perfect for preschoolers, students of junior and middle classes who have different language levels, from elementary to advanced.
- St. George's School. The summer program of the language camp takes place at the private school. George's School Switzerland in Clarens near Lake Geneva. This school is the first British institution opened in Switzerland in 1927. Today, foreign students from all over the world study here annually, and students from 9 to 18 years old are going to gather during the summer holidays. The curriculum is conducted in 2 languages - English and French with any level. As electives you can also learn German or Chinese from low level. George's School is a 2-week Leadership program for high school students aged 16-18.
- Village Camps. Another language school, popular with foreign students, is located in the Swiss city of Leysin. Every year during the summer holidays, about 130 students from 10 to 17 years are studying here. For educational programs in English and French are offered. There are also educational courses that combine with the study of a foreign language other activities: tennis, leadership, cinematography, dances, adventure classes and much more. The campus of the school has excellent infrastructure and excellent equipment for living and teaching. For the period of the summer camp the students are accommodated in the school's residence on the terms of one boarding house.
- Pre Fleiru. This summer language school in Switzerland is also located in the suburbs of the resort town of Villars-sur-Ollon, where the Geneva airport is only an hour and a half away. The school is recruiting for the summer programs a wide variety of students from preschool children (3 years) to students of lower grades and high school student (12-14 years). You can complete the education in 2 languages, either French or English, or both at once. The studying load includes 15 academic hours per week. The educational process takes place in a gaming format to make learning as effective as possible for students of this age. The camp can be teached at different levels, so it is suitable for students with a low level of language.
Tuition fees in Swiss summer schools for foreign students
The price for educational services in summer camps in Switzerland is formed taking into account the chosen program, the option of living, the duration of program, the status of the school itself and the extracurricular program. Also in many linguistic foreign camps, participation in thematic clubs (cooking, making films, etc.) is calculated separately.
In general, the average cost of a standard language course for 2 weeks will be from 4,000 ₣ to 6,000 ₣ excluding additional costs. The latter include a registration fee (500-700 ₣), visa and insurance, a consular fee, air tickets in both directions, as well as pocket expenses for the period of stay abroad.