- To enter Oxford University: what attracts thousands of people?
- How to enter Oxford University?
- Oxford University Advantage
Applicants from all over the world dream of going to Oxford University - one of the oldest and most prestigious. You can enroll in Oxford University, and having received a basic higher education - there are no age restrictions here. The university system is unique: it consists of 44 colleges and 5 religious communities - they have different charters, rules and features. Each college will be pleased with the presence of a hostel, library, sports facilities, bars, a canteen and other infrastructure. A well-known dictionary for learning English is published in Oxford, many scenes from "Harry Potter" were filmed here.
To enter Oxford University: what attracts thousands of people?
Entering Oxford University is quite difficult, and it is possible to make it the most talented and educated - every year 5-15 candidates go to one place. The number of foreign students is about 20%: among them are citizens of China, the USA, Germany and dozens of other countries.
More than 90% of students are happy with their education - they gain experience and sufficient knowledge to create a good career. 26 British Prime Ministers studied at Oxford University, 26 Nobel Prize winners were also educated at Oxford. Among the well-known graduates of the university are:
- Margaret Thatcher is an English politician who has become a cult among many women
- Stephen Hawking is a modern physicist who has advanced many important theories
- Oscar Wilde - writer who has created popular works around the world
- John Locke - a philosopher who lived in Britain in the XVII century
- Jonathan Swift - Writer Famous for Gulliver's Travels
- Timothy Berners is a scientist who had a hand in the creation of the Internet, the founder of HTML, HTTP and URL.
At Oxford University, space exploration is constantly taking place: planet discovery, trajectory calculations, study of the surface of Mars. In 2011, a gene was identified at the university that is associated with the development of cancer cells - this has made it possible to significantly advance in the search for innovative methods of treating cancer.
Education at Oxford University takes place in almost all areas. Faculties are grouped into 4 groups:
- social sciences and humanities
- physics and mathematics
- life sciences
- the medical industry.
For different faculties, admission is different - for each place you have:
Man in one place
Management and Economics
Economics, Philosophy and Politics
About 3,200 students enter Oxford University each year. Dormitories accommodate up to 70% of freshmen and up to 57% of all other students - the rest have to look for a place to live outside the university. This is not a big problem: most Oxford colleges are located in the city center, easily accessible from rented apartments.
How to enter Oxford University?
To enter the University of Oxford, you must fill out the form in time and provide a list of documents. The university sometimes makes an additional requirement for foreign students who have not studied in schools in England: the need to study for 2 years at the bachelor's program at any university. When applying, you can not choose a particular specialty - according to the results of examinations, the selection committee will offer several options to choose from.
To enter the undergraduate program, you need:
- Leave a request on the university website (70 €)
- Pass entrance exams and take the LNAT or BMAT / SAT or ACT tests
- Provide a recommendation from the profile teacher
- For foreign students to submit documents confirming the passage of studying at any university for 2 years / certificate from a foreign school;
- Write a motivation letter and an essay that reveals personal data.
To enter the magistracy, you need:
- Leave a request on the university website (70 €)
- Provide a bachelor's degree with a transcript of grades
- Submit 3 letters of recommendation from teachers
- Write a resume and a statement about the reasons and objectives of studying, as well as a research plan
- Show portfolio of works.
Each document must be translated into English. This is the first stage of selection - after it the lucky ones will be interviewed by the selection committee, whose tasks are to reveal the candidate's potential.
Knowing what to do at Oxford University, it is important to manage to submit all the documents in time - the university has determined the following deadlines:
- Registration on the site - from June to October 15
- Exams - October 31
- Written work - until November 10
- Interview - until December 20.
The selection committee makes a decision after January 9, and studies begin on October 8. The cost of one year of study in Oxford costs from 38,000 €, but for talented students from low-income families, the university provides grants and scholarships that cover part or all of the costs.
Oxford University Advantage
Applicants for admission to Oxford University who have studied at a foreign school are more likely. In the UK there are pre-university programs for students that increase the chances of enrollment: International Foundation Certificate, International Diploma Program, A-level, International Baccalaureate.
By attending courses in Oxford, you will increase the chances of successful admission to the University of Oxford: