The Philippines Open University
Description of The Philippines Open University
- Founded: 1995
- Location: Los Banos, Philippines
- Language of instruction: English
- Rating in the Philippines: 20.
The Philippines Open University is the first and very popular university in the Philippines today with a distance education system. Students entering the university can stay at home and combine studies with family affairs, work, there is no need to go to another country, rent housing, spend money and time: all this allows you to get a quality education through the Internet.
Training takes place at three faculties:
- Information and Communication Research
- Management and development research.
The learning process takes place with the help of effective video lectures, printed information, and audio material. Students communicate with teachers in virtual online rooms using instant messengers. The main mission of the university is to educate everyone who wants it, regardless of country of residence and social status.
Students from 70 countries study at the university in 13 undergraduate and postgraduate programs; there are short-term courses.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in The Philippines Open University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The main advantage of distance education is that you do not need to look for a temporary place of residence in a foreign country - staying at home, you will complete the training program.
Facilities and equipment at The Philippines Open University
The Philippines Open University conducts research in the field of distance education, as well as dozens of studies in each faculty in the relevant specialty.
Admission dates and extra charges
Depending on the specialty and type of courses, training is possible in semesters and trimesters. Recruitment for short-term programs - several times a year.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The main selection criterion is grades in a document on past education.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about The Philippines Open University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.