- Summer schools and courses in Cambridge: options and varieties
- Summer Schools and Courses in Cambridge: Accommodation and Food
- Courses in Cambridge for students: approximate prices and cost
- The best summer schools in Cambridge for students
Summer Schools in Cambridge: the benefits of education
The British education system today is a recognized world leader: from year to year tens of thousands of students from all over the world come to different cities of the country. Cambridge is one of the oldest university centers in Europe, where one of the best universities in the world operates. Despite the small population (only about 130 thousand people), the city is an important research center for the country, and for Europe and the world. World-famous schools, colleges, historical and cultural sites are concentrated in Cambridge, and many educational institutions offer specially adapted summer school programs for foreign students. Courses for students include study and active leisure, academic work and adventure.
Advantages of summer schools in Cambridge:
- One of the best education systems
- Cambridge is an important center of modern science
- Organization at the highest level
- Wide range of programs
- Education in the most prestigious and elite institutions
- Complex courses of language development and rest
- A busy extra-curricular life
- Highly qualified teachers and trainers
- Excellent living and dining conditions.
Summer schools and courses in Cambridge: options and varieties
Summer courses are usually held in June, July and August and last from 7 days (standard duration is 2-6 weeks). Participants are divided into groups by age and level of ownership, to each group are applied separate methods and styles of work:
- From 3 to 7 years old
- From 8 to 11 years old
- From 12 to 15 years old
- From 16 to 18 years old.
Students from the younger group are accompanied by parents or guardians, in some cases, coeducation (child and parent) is possible. The educational system is built in such a way that the participants have the opportunity to relax and have fun. Actually English lessons are held from Monday to Friday before lunch in small groups: teachers find an individual approach to each, help in solving all complex topics and issues. In addition to standard exercises in grammar, vocabulary, writing, reading, listening, fascinating interactive classes are conducted to improve the skills of oral speech and pronunciation. You can choose different types of courses:
- Increase the level of ownership
- Preparation for passing tests and exams
- Preparation for admission to educational institutions in Britain.
Afternoon is dedicated to sports, creativity and hobbies, on the weekend there are great tours of Cambridge or other cities - each participant chooses for himself the preferred direction of extracurricular life:
- With a scientific bias
- Recreation, entertainment and excursions.
In general, summer schools differ from the classical education system in Britain by a freer and easier character: all participants get a lot of pleasant impressions, get acquainted with the culture and way of life and acquire friends from all over the world.
Summer Schools and Courses in Cambridge: Accommodation and Food
The host country provides the students with everything necessary in terms of accommodation and meals:
- Fully equipped rooms
- 1-2-bed bedrooms
- Bathrooms, living rooms and kitchens
- Laundry and other amenities in the building
- Internet and TV
- Balanced meals several times a day.
2. Host family:
- Cozy home atmosphere in the house of a local family
- Care and support from family members
- Accommodation in a separate bedroom
- Internet, TV and other amenities
- Meals - breakfast and dinner at home, lunch - in the camp.
3. Apartments / hotel / apartments:
- Numbers from standard to premium
- Not available in all schools
- Special accommodation and meals (for example, for courses with parents).
Courses in Cambridge for students: approximate prices and cost
The cost of education varies depending on the institution, the direction and content of the course and other conditions. The total cost usually includes:
- English lessons
- Physical activity and creativity
- Excursions, entertainment and activities
- Disciplines (if any)
- Accommodation and meals
- Teaching aids and materials.
Separate items of expenses are travel expenses (tickets, transfer, meeting or escort on the way), visa processing, pocket money and additional lessons (if any). Demand for study in Cambridge is very high, so parents / representatives must take care of booking a place in advance. For participation it is necessary to submit an application, provide a package of documents and pay for education: the process is as simple as possible, and our specialists will always give you any help.
The best summer schools in Cambridge for students
Examples of summer schools in Cambridge:
- Cambridge University. Academic programs in the renowned prestigious educational institution last 2 weeks and provide an opportunity to study a particular subject at the university level. Varieties: Architecture, Biology, Chemistry, Information Technology and Programming, Creative Writing, Economics, Engineering, Literature, History, International Relations, Law, Mathematics, Medicine, Physics, Philosophy, Leadership. A balanced language course (from 20 lessons weekly), quick and effective progress, the final group projects, a significant contribution to the portfolio are all components of a literate, effective summer course.
- Bell The Leys School Cambridge. One of the branches of the famous network of BELL International can become a serious support for those who plan to enter British educational institutions. Varieties: ENGLISH EXPLORER (sports and art: football, horse riding, tennis, several team sports, fine arts, photography, video, cooking, dancing), YOUNG CAMBRIDGE SCHOLARS (basic sections of linguistics, conversation, preparation for IELTS, CambridgeESOL, activities and recreation).
- The Perse School. Summer courses on the basis of a prestigious private school, which was founded in 1615 (!). More than 60 different activities and hobbies are available, everyone can choose a suitable activity for themselves, which is facilitated by greater flexibility in the schedule and choice of classes.
- Fitzwilliam College Bucksmore. Summer courses on the basis of the University of Cambridge College include 15 English classes and 9 lessons per chosen subject every week. Students visit London, Oxford, Bath, historical monuments of the country, famous English ancient castles. The special course of Bucksmore Arts Choice includes the development of the skills of fine and performing arts (art, cinema, theater, filmography, dances and much more). At the end of the education you can take Trinity Spoken English Exam.