- Benefits of attending a summer camp in England
- Popular places to visit the summer camp in the UK
- Programs for students in summer camps in the UK
- Camps on the basis of top schools and universities
- Linguistic courses in the UK in the summer
- Preparation for language exams and tests during the summer holidays
- Kinds of sports programs in summer camps
- Summer camps for students in England with creative activities
- Adventure and excursion program in children's camps
- Examples of summer camps with linguistic courses:
England is the leader in the number of summer camps for students with a variety of programs for every taste, and the cost of participation in the summer program can be very different: there are both budget options and programs in elite and top summer camps. Children's camps abroad allow foreign students to immerse themselves in the international environment, get to know the representatives of different countries, tighten the level of English and just have fun. Theater campuses, creative and music studios are organized on the territories of the camps, discotheques, quizzes or creative competitions are held in the evenings. Experienced educators and teachers motivate students for further development and education.
Benefits of attending a summer camp in England
- experience of studying abroad
- High standard of living and security in the UK
- gaining practical language skills
- broadening of horizons
- talent disclosure.
Popular places to visit the summer camp in the UK
The cities of England, where the famous camps are:
- Bristol and others.
Choose a camp for the summer can be based on personal preferences of the place to stay - the company SMAPSE will help you choose the right option and will charge your child for free. The campus can be located on the coast of the resort city or, conversely, it is located on the famous campuses - Cambridge or Oxford - where the majority of the population are university students. For lovers of active lifestyles in the metropolis there are camps located in the center of London, and for those who prefer a quiet rest on a fresh holiday, camps for summer in the suburbs will perfectly suit.
Programs for students in summer camps in the UK
The main types of training programs for the summer:
- general English course
- Academic English
- school of leadership
- IT, programming
- engineering and others.
Camps on the basis of top schools and universities
Participation in summer programs on the basis of prestigious universities is distinguished by a large selection of academic programs, the opportunity to immerse in the university environment of famous universities and engage with the best teachers. Examples of camps for the summer for foreign students:
- year academic camp at Cambridge University (Cambridge) conducts academic summer programs in the buildings of Cambridge with current university professors. The course is designed for 2 weeks for students from 16 to 18 years, the cost of the course is from 5,295 £ / 2 weeks. Summer courses: Architecture, Biology, Chemistry, IT, Programming, Creative Writing, Economics, Engineering, Literature, History, International Relations, Law, Mathematics, Medicine, Philosophy, Leadership.
- summer camp on the basis of the prestigious University of Bath (Bath) offers for students from 9 to 17 years old English language courses from 1 to 4 weeks + students will be able to pass the GESE oral exam to get a qualification in English. In addition to the main linguistic course, additional directions are available: a trip to four cities in the central part of England, dramatic art and dance, golf, horseback riding.
Linguistic courses in the UK in the summer
In summer camps, children have the opportunity to combine rest with study, take a general English course or prepare for exams for further study abroad. Teachers use modern methods and effective forms of education: in order to ensure that students are happy to attend classes, they are often held in the format of games, discussions and interactive activities. During the curriculum, children are provided with a knowledge base, and communication with peers helps to consolidate the acquired skills.
Rest in the summer camp can be combined with study and get the certificate of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), confirming the level of knowledge of a foreign language: for this, participants in summer programs attend language courses that are available even for children with poor language knowledge. Upon admission, students take an entrance exam, and at the time of graduation they take the final test to determine the level of linguistic knowledge reached. The confirming document opens new opportunities for the student: international certificates allow entering the educational institutions for further education and are an advantage when hiring.
Preparation for language exams and tests during the summer holidays
Types of popular exams for international students: IELTS, TOEFL, SAT, FCE, CPE, CAE.
In children's camps, the best teachers are engaged to effectively prepare for language exams - the basic course includes:
- listening (listening comprehension)
- written speech
- speaking (spoken English)
- phonetics (correct pronunciation, accent correction)
- vocabulary (active vocabulary expansion)
Students learn the principles and techniques of successfully passing the exam for a high score, because in the future they can use the results of the exam when entering schools or higher education. The cost of education will depend on the level of preparation of the student, his desired results and intensity of studies.
Kinds of sports programs in summer camps
The English support an active lifestyle and make the maximum amount of effort to provide students with the opportunity to play sports. On the basis of even the most usual summer camps for participants of summer programs on the campus territory equipped playgrounds and sports equipment for sports in their spare time are available. There are also specialized sports camps:
- Nike Football Camp (Brighton) - organized by the famous company Nike for students from 8 to 17 years, the main areas: football and tennis (also children attend English language courses). The linguistic program has the structure of popular language exams (GCSE, IGCE, IELTS, ESB, CAE and Cambridge), sports trainings are conducted by professional trainers. The summer course is designed for 2 weeks, the cost of the visit is from 2,550 £ / 2 weeks.
- Seaford College (Brighton) - summer camp on the basis of a prestigious school for students from 10 to 16 years old, a choice of English classes and additional sports training or music classes. Sports training is available in the following areas: tennis, field hockey, football, golf. The cost of participation in the summer program is from 1,190 £ / week.
Summer camps for students in England with creative activities
Creative young people choose for themselves a camp for the summer with creative courses: design and fashion, writing skills, music, film art, photography, dancing, drama and others. For example, in Balliol College for children from 13 to 15 years old summer courses of fashion, style and design, classes in film academy are available. This is a unique opportunity to learn the basics and the basics of film art or design! The cost of participation in the summer program is from 4,495 £ / 2 weeks.
Adventure and excursion program in children's camps
Usually, foreign summer camps offer foreign language courses and rest for students, including entertainment programs and excursions to major sights - this allows you to immerse yourself in the cultural environment of the country. There are also camps with unusual destinations, for example, the camp of Boreatton Park (Shropshire) is part of the popular PGL network. During the holidays, students from 7 to 17 years have the opportunity to spend an active vacation with a huge selection of entertainment programs: motorcycling, visiting amusement parks, pony rides, driving, trekking, rock climbing, photography, cinema, music, dance, adventure. The cost of participation in the summer program varies depending on the chosen destinations - the minimum cost is 695 £ / week.
Examples of summer camps with linguistic courses:
- At the Oxford Royal Academy in Oxford, during the summer holidays, children are preparing to take IELTS or SAT (approximate cost of education is from 3,995 £ / 2 weeks), other areas are also available: jurisprudence, finance, business, medicine, architecture, cinema from 4,295 £ / 2 weeks)
- TASIS England Summer School (a suburb of London) - the language courses of the summer camp are held at the American School TASIS The American School in England. Types of programs: academic English, general course with summer rest, preparation for IELTS. Also, the English course can be devoted to a particular topic / occupation: cryptology, fashion and design, the SAT exam review, the magic world of Harry Potter, English literature in the cinema and others. The cost of attending a summer school is from 3,960 £ / 3 weeks.