- Features of studying in schools in Vienna for international students
- Features of higher education in Vienna
- Summer camps in Vienna for students from abroad
Studying in schools in Austria is considered quite attractive for foreign students due to affordable tuition fees. In state universities in Vienna international students can receive free education: you do not need to take entrance exams. During your studies at a higher education institution in Vienna you can combine work and studying and also study in two prestigious faculties at once. Local elite enterprises welcome students from Vienna universities to undergo internships. The schedule in Austrian universities is very convenient, students choose their time for listening to lectures and passing exams. In Austria, there is a very calm political environment, beautiful nature and decent living standards.
Features of studying in schools in Vienna for international students
As in any other country, in Austria there are particularities of teaching in Vienna's schools. Full primary education in Austria is 9 years old and is divided into three parts. After completeing the 9th grade in Vienna, foreign students can continue their studies in a gymnasium, a secondary school or an educational institution with a certain thematic bias. The Austrian gymnasiums are in very good terms, they are the most popular with students from abroad.
There is one nuance: it is not allowed to apply to several educational institutions in Vienna at once. The top option is a boarding school where you can get in-depth knowledge of official German and additional English. In addition to the "native" Austrian, you can get a certificate in German, Swiss, British or American directions. In all secondary schools in Vienna at the initial stage, language programs for children with insufficient language proficiency have been developed, for international students it is an excellent opportunity to join the new language environment as quickly as possible and communicate freely with peers. With regard to the cost of studying, one semester in a private school costs an average of 10,000 €.
- The private boarding school Amadeus International School Vienna accepts foreign students from the age of 11. The cost of studying is from 14000 € per term. As for the curriculum, students can harmoniously combine study and rest: sports sections, adventure trips, excursions. In the priority - a musical direction, which is quite natural for the birthplace of the king of waltzes. This is the only school in the Austrian capital with 20 pianos.
- Summer Camp Deutsch-Institut Wien annually hosts more than 5.000 schoolchildren from different countries. Here is the elite center for in-depth study of the German language. Children live in the historic center of Vienna in 10 minutes walk to the station and 15 to the famous Belvedere Palace.
Features of higher education in Vienna
Thanks to the high standard of living, the peculiarities of higher education in Vienna is very attractive for foreign students, and the affordable price of studying at a university and a large choice of universities are also a great benefit. However, the cost of food, accommodation and transport for the same reason is very significant (especially in the capital city of Vienna). Only 20% of students are Austrians, the rest are international ones. All universities can be divided into several categories: classical, pedagogical, universities of arts and elite colleges of applied character. The main university is Vienna, which dates back to the 14th century. It is this classical foreign university that was the first in the history of higher education in the world to provide opportunities for women to study, and today it offers more than 180 programs with almost 100,000 students.
Summer camps in Vienna for students from abroad
In order to have a great rest and improve your language skills, summer camps in Vienna for international students are ideal. Austria is rich in vacation programs with a linguistic bias. Vacations in summer schools and camps will allow students to significantly improve the level of German and English proficiency. Grammar, spelling, speech and listening comprehension - teachers take into account all the nuances of immersion in the language. Recreational programs are very diverse: sports, scientific, creative, adventure, etc.