To enter an American school, you need to decide on the type of educational institution where you plan to enroll. There are 2 types of schools:
- Public schools - accept for training only citizens of the country or students who moved to the United States with their families and have a residence permit in the country, as well as students who came to study through exchange programs. Education in a public school is free, but the level of education in US government schools is often low.
- Private schools - accept for training, both local and foreign students. The undoubted advantage is the availability of adaptation programs and additional support in the English language, as well as the presence of our own boarding house, where foreign students can live.
Requirements for admission to an American school
Requirements for international students may vary depending on the school. Below we give a list of the main documents that must be provided by applicants from abroad:
- copy of 1 page of the passport
- language proficiency certificate
- school report card with grades for the last 2-4 years
- registration form
- letters of recommendation from teachers of foreign languages, mathematics and the class teacher. Additionally, they can request a recommendation from the school principal
- testing for knowledge of mathematics, language and other subjects
- an interview with a school representative (possibly in person or via Skype)
- certificates, awards, personal achievements of the student (if any)
- motivation letter (personal statement)
- passport-sized photo (depending on the school - from 1 to 12 pcs).