South China University of Technology
Description of South China University of Technology
- Founded: 1952
- Location: Guangzhou, China
- Number of students: more than 100 thousand people
- Number of foreigners: 1700 people (5%)
- Rating in China: 24
- Teaching language: English, Chinese.
South China University of Technology (SCUT) is one of China's leading universities. In 2000, the university took 34th place in the ranking of the most powerful higher schools throughout Asia (according to Asiaweek). Today it is one of the most diversified universities in South China, offering training in a wide range of specialties for both local students and foreign students.
The teaching staff of the university includes about 4,500 professional teachers with achievements in this field: among them are 11 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering, 1,200 teachers with the title of professor.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in South China University of Technology
Accommodation, meals, prices
For residence, students are offered residences located on the northern and southern campuses of the university.
- The North Campus hostel accommodates 380 people and offers rooms of several different types. All rooms are furnished, with a private bathroom. The buildings have kitchens, laundries, lounges, plus 24 hour security.
- The rooms of the southern hostel are fully furnished, have a private bathroom, wireless Internet and other amenities. In the housing of the residential residence there are common lounges, a hall for gymnastics, table tennis and billiard rooms.
Cost of living: from 20 to 90 yuan per day per person, from 6,000 to 15,000 yuan per year.
Facilities and equipment at South China University of Technology
South China University of Technology is located in Guangzhou, which is considered the largest city in the southern part of the country. SCUT University has two campuses: North is in the central Tianhe district, and South is in the Panyu district, on the outskirts of the city.
Admission dates and extra charges
Beginning of academic semesters - in September or in February. Additional expenses:
- Registration fee is 200 to 500 yuan.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the South China University of Technology, students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Age from 18 years
- High school diploma
- Certificates TOEFL ibt 68, IELTS 5.5 (for admission to English-language programs)
- Certificate HSK 4-5 / HSK 3-6 (for admission to the Chinese language program).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about South China University of Technology
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.