South China University of Technology (SCUT) is one of China's leading universities. In 2000, the university took 34th place in the ranking of the most powerful higher schools throughout Asia (according to Asiaweek). Today it is one of the most diversified universities in South China, offering training in a wide range of specialties for both local students and foreign students.
The teaching staff of the university includes about 4,500 professional teachers with achievements in this field: among them are 11 members of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering, 1,200 teachers with the title of professor.
The training course includes 20 hours of learning Chinese every week. Duration of study - from 1 academic semester to a year. Students with any language level can enter the course. Submission of documents:
An intensive Chinese language study program at SCUT University includes 30 hours of language every week. Duration of study varies from one semester to a year. Students with any language level can enter the course. Submission of documents:
Short-term Chinese courses include 20 academic hours per week, as well as a cultural and sightseeing program for students.
In the preparatory course, students will be able to improve their Chinese language skills and gain additional knowledge in basic academic subjects (mathematics, physics and others).
The program of obtaining a bachelor's degree in Chinese takes 4-5 years, depending on the chosen specialization:
Obtaining a bachelor's degree at SCUT University is also available in English in the following specialties:
For graduate studies in Chinese, students must confirm the level of the Chinese language with the help of the HSK 4-5 test (not required for each program). The period of study in the master's program will be 2-3 years. Here are a few master's degrees in Chinese:
To study in a master's program in English programs, students must confirm the level of English with the IELTS test (depending on the specialty). The duration of training here will be 2 years. List of majors available in English:
For residence, students are offered residences located on the northern and southern campuses of the university.
Cost of living: from 20 to 90 yuan per day per person, from 6,000 to 15,000 yuan per year.
South China University of Technology is located in Guangzhou, which is considered the largest city in the southern part of the country. SCUT University has two campuses: North is in the central Tianhe district, and South is in the Panyu district, on the outskirts of the city.
Beginning of academic semesters - in September or in February. Additional expenses:
To enter the South China University of Technology, students must fulfill the following requirements:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.