Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT), opened in 1920, is engaged in research, science, engineering, research, including management, humanities, economics, law. Today it is a world-class open multidisciplinary university. HIT was ranked 6th in the US News Ranking of the Best Engineering Universities in the World in 2017-2020.
The on-campus dormitories are a complex of 19 buildings with an area of 280,000 square meters, housing 25,000 students. Bachelors live in rooms from 4 to 8 people, undergraduates are accommodated in rooms for 2-6 people, and doctoral students - in rooms for 2-3 people.
Since 2002, the institute has invested 150 million yuan to build 6 new dormitories, 11.678 million yuan to renovate 5 dormitories and 15 million yuan to purchase and renovate furniture. Telephones are installed in the rooms, in addition to television and reading rooms, kitchens and book bars operate, laundry services, supermarkets, fitness centers, and entertainment spaces are available.
Residences are modernized living spaces that include relaxation, study and entertainment at the same time. TV, telephones, internet access, shower, hot water - around the clock.
The hostel staff will assist students living in the hostel with their residency registration, while homeowners take responsibility for helping off-campus students complete their residency registration at the local police station.
The International Student Center organizes various student activities to promote cultural exchange, enrich the learning experience of students:
The International Student Center is the centralized department of international student admission, coordination management and non-academic education of Harbin Institute of Technology, responsible for the promotion and admission of international students, the signing procedure, and operational management.
The educational institution has three campuses:
Classes begin in the fall semester.
The following documents are required for registration:
When you first apply for a residence permit, you need to have:
In order to provide the necessary medical care during their studies, students receive medical insurance for unexpected injuries, which will be used to cover hospitalization costs (excluding outpatient costs and drug costs).
A monthly scholarship is provided to students at the following rates:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.