Sebelas Maret University is an Indonesian public university, which is an association of five universities in Surakarta:
Initially, Sebelas Maret University was named University Negeri of Surakarta, which assigned it to this day the abbreviation UNS.
Now the university has 11 active faculties, 1 profile school, 1 direction of postgraduate study. UNS offers 66 undergraduate programs, 46 master's programs, 20 doctoral specialties and about 30 vocational training programs.
As of 2020, 43,439 students studied here, the teaching staff - more than 1500 people.
The Universitas Sebelas Maret Campus consists of 4 main buildings located on JL. Kartika III, Ngoresan, Jebres, Surakarta. The dormitory has public areas - a living room, a cafeteria and a conference room. There are two types of bedrooms: single (for one person) and common (for two people). Each room has a bed, desk, chairs, wardrobe.
Andthe rent for the hostel is from 150,000 rupees per month, the living expense is about 600,000-700,000 rupees per month. For 5,000 rupees you can get delicious food, for example, soto.
On-campus dining is managed by UNS inn, a restaurant called Pakubuwono,which serves a varietyof Indonesian dishes.
UNS conducts thematic tours to dedicate its students to non-academic life in the city.
Also held at the university are:
The university is located on an area of 60 hectares near the administrative center of the city, which greatly facilitates students' access to service centers, immigration offices, hospitals, shopping centers.
MC UNS is a medical center consisting of four departments: general health, dentistry, ENT department, etc. It serves not only academic staff and students, but also residents of the nearest areas of Surakarta.
The University Library is located on seven floors in the main building. It is equipped with:
UNS has a complex of religious buildings for Muslims, Christians, Hindus, Buddhists and Confucians: a mosque, a campus church, a temple, a monastery.
For the convenience of movement on campus, the Campus Bus is provided, which runs on weekdays from Monday to Friday. To get to all faculties, the bus route is divided into two lines: Western and Eastern.
The university makes it easy to access the internet throughout campus within a range of access pointsif students use a PC, laptop, or other device with features.
Some types of scholarship payments:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.