Saint Mary's University
Description of Saint Mary's University
Saint Mary's University (abbreviated as SMU ) is an educational institution of the state type that has been active in research and academic activities in Canada since the beginning of 1802. Currently, the university has its own small campus in the city of Halifax.
The University is considered to be medium in size, since here every year a maximum of 8,000 people can take a course. The academic staff of the university SMU is about 400 teachers of the highest category. Students can use international exchange programs.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Saint Mary's University
This Canadian University from year to year easily defends its right to get into the ranking of the best universities in the country. Also, Saint Mary's University is listed in the TOP universities at the global level.
Facilities and equipment at Saint Mary's University
The university infrastructure includes a large scientific library. Students of the institution can get housing in a modern dormitory, enjoy the benefits of the campus. Saint Mary's University is constantly evolving, and willing to share their experiences, as evidenced by its occurrence in such authoritative scientific groups and associations like:
- Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU);
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC);
- Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate (CUSID);
- Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE);
- The University of the Arctic (UArctic).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Admission of students each year makes a special commission. At the same time, both local residents and visitors from different countries always apply to the places of students to the same extent. In its decision, the commission relies on several indicators. The main one is the past academic performance of each applicant. As the statistics show, about 70 percent of applications receive approval. And, nevertheless, the situation may differ depending on faculty.
Each academic year at the university is divided into two semesters. Education for future bachelors and masters is not so expensive. The higher education institution pays a scholarship to the most successful students, which makes it possible to recover part of the tuition fee.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Saint Mary's University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.