Description of Acadia University
Acadia University (abbreviated as AU ) is an educational institution of the state type that has been active in scientific and academic activities in Canada since the beginning of the distant 1838.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Acadia University
This is a higher education institution in Canada, which is among the best in the country. Also, the university is famous all over the world, as it consistently defends its right to take a place among the TOP-5 percent of the best universities in the world.
Facilities and equipment at Acadia University
We are talking about a small Academy, where about 4000 people take a course each year. The academic staff of AU is about 300 teachers of the highest category. Academy students can, if they wish, take part in one of the available student exchange programs.
Infrastructure Acadia University
The university infrastructure includes a large library. In addition, the university provides students with affordable housing in a hostel. There are on the campus and convenient sports facilities. In addition, the university itself is famous for its membership in such reputable groups and associations as the Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate (CUSID), the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC), as well as Canadian University Press (CUP) and Canadian Bureau for International Education (CBIE).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Every year the admission of freshmen to the university is conducted by a special selection committee, which in its decision relies on several criteria. First of all, we are talking about the results of exams passed by all applicants, as well as their past academic performance. According to statistics, about 70 percent of applications of applicants are approved. Both locals and visitors from different countries always apply for places at the university. In any case, when planning to enter a university, all information should be clarified in advance through the official website of the institution (website address http://www.acadiau.ca), as well as through pages on social networks: Linkedin, Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Flickr, where You can learn more about the university.
Tuition fees at Acadia University
Each academic year at the university is traditionally divided into two semesters. Training is conducted on a fee basis. But each student can count on financial support in the form of a scholarship subject to good academic performance. For each semester, future graduates pay about $ 7,500. To obtain a diploma of this Canadian Academy, students can choose a full-time or distance learning system.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Acadia University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.