Description of Dalhousie University
Dalhousie University is a state institution of higher education in Canada, which was founded in 1818. The main campus of Dalhous University is territorially located in the city of Halifax.
University Dalhous takes a confident position in the ranking of its country's institutions and currently is on the 12th place. In the international list of the best universities the institution now takes 233 place. Popular destinations here are:
- humanitarian sciences;
- life sciences and medicine;
- natural Sciences.
In the country, this institution is considered the best in the quality of education. This is due to a large number of foreign specialists. Employers demonstrate a high interest in graduates of the university.
Throughout its history, the university has produced a large number of students who have become famous personalities. Among them:
- Bertha Wilson (lawyer, first woman judge in the Supreme Court);
- Charles Joseph Clark (statesman and politician);
- Richard Bedford Bennett (Prime Minister of Canada);
- Martin Brian Mulroney (politician, lawyer);
- Anne McLellan (academician, politician);
- Darrell Alvin Dexter (lawyer, journalist, formerly a naval officer);
- Judson Graham Day (lawyer, businessman);
- Danny Williams (lawyer, politician, businessman);
- Ian Harvey Hanomansing (television journalist);
- Peter Gordon McKay (politician, minister of national defense);
- Allan Emrys Blakeney (Prime Minister);
- John Carnell Crosby (provincial and federal politician);
- Clyde Kirby Wells (Prime Minister of Newfoundland).
This list can be continued for a long time, so there are many outstanding graduates.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Dalhousie University
Subject list: Athletics&Recreation
Facilities and equipment at Dalhousie University
The institution has five student libraries, a research laboratory, the Thomas McCulloch biological museum, an art gallery and sports facilities. Foreign citizens have the opportunity to live in a student hostel, the cost of which per month is 722-1223 USD.
Dalhousie University is a member of such associations as:
- Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada;
- Association of Commonwealth Universities;
- Group of Thirteen;
- Canadian Bureau for International Education;
- Canadian University Society for Intercollegiate Debate.
Such cooperation provides an opportunity for students to take part in various international competitions and olympiads.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enroll in Dalhousie University, the entrant will be required to provide a progress sheet from the previous place of study. Next, you need to pass the entrance examination. Based on the results of all data, enrollment takes place. The entry competition here is not very strict. About 80% of applicants from the general usually become students. This indicator can vary depending on the chosen specialty. There are no gender restrictions.
The University of Dalhous is in constant development. To date, it has more than 14,000 students and 1000 teachers. The academic year is divided into two semesters. The cost of studying for a bachelor or master is 7000 USD per year. Excellent students have the opportunity to participate in the scholarship program. Also, the school supports a student exchange program.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Dalhousie University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.