Our Own High School — Al Warqa'a
Description of Our Own High School — Al Warqa'a
- Year of foundation: 2005
- Location: Al Varqa, Dubai, UAE
- Age of students: 4–18
- Number of students: 4700+
- Language of instruction: English
- Type of education: full-time independent school.
Our Own High School – Al Warqa is a place where ambitious people are encouraged and brought up in the spirit of critical thinking, academic success, while not forgetting about socialization and creativity. It was established in 2005 as a full-time school for boys, separating from Our Own English High School, Dubai. The initial intake did not exceed 50 pupils; now almost 5 thousand boys study here and more than 400 people work, of which at least 220 are teachers (38 holders of academic degrees).
The curriculum is based on an adapted CBSE, which ensures the integrity and consistency of the educational approach and contributes to the development of talents and abilities.
The school is characterized by high academic achievements and merits to the local community, a wide range of additional educational services.
The school has classes 1 through 12; organizationally, the school is part of the CBSE Central Board of Secondary Education in New Delhi, India.
The program developed by the Council provides all pets with a quality and up-to-date education, preparing them for the All India Exam at AISSCE Secondary School (held at the end of the 10th grade) and the All India Matriculation Examination (at the end of the 12th grade), which is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi, India. Upon successful completion of AISSCE, students are eligible for admission to universities and colleges of higher education in India and around the world.
AISSCE is recognized and enjoys an excellent reputation, recognized by all Indian and most international universities. Graduates easily enter higher education institutions of humanities, technical, medical and social areas both in India and abroad, invariably demonstrating excellent results in passing entrance exams and qualification tests such as SAT, TOEFL, JEE, AIPMT, AIEEE, etc.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Our Own High School — Al Warqa'a
Accommodation, meals, prices
The school is located in the heart of Al Varqa, Dubai, in a picturesque and peaceful location with excellent transport links.
The school does not offer a dormitory and does not deal with the accommodation of students; all issues related to accommodation, the families of applicants should decide independently.
Activities Our Own High School — Al Warqa'a
The school adheres to traditional views on extracurricular activities, offering a wide range of extracurricular activities that support the curriculum and ensure the comprehensive and harmonious development of the individual.
- Students can engage in painting, drawing, graphics, various types of sculpture and modeling, pottery, painting on fabric, glass and ceramics, making masks, drawing with sand, batik, embroidery and other types of fine arts;
- To develop musical abilities, students can study in dozens of different ensembles and choirs, from classical to modern;
- In addition, the school traditionally attaches great importance to the performing arts; student theater allows not only to form dramatic talents and hone skills by staging musicals, performances and plays - it is also an excellent team building event of a universal nature, open to all interested students;
- Oratory and stand-up help to learn to speak in public - an indispensable condition for life success. Students give short presentations, which helps to improve interpersonal skills, and then hone through debates and recitations.
Traditionally, great importance is attached to physical fitness and athletic. Students have access to cricket, football, badminton, volleyball, table tennis and basketball, gymnastics, athletics and swimming. Electives are free of charge and are held after the completion of academic classes. Participation in team games is encouraged, school teams take part in regional inter-school competitions and events.
In addition to extracurricular activities are excursions and trips that allow you to get an interesting, useful and informative experience.
Students annually take an active part in the Olympiads in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science, organized by the CBSE Council of Schools in the Persian Gulf.
- Compliance with high standards: 71% of KHDA checks at the level of "Very good" or "excellent";
- Students regularly take high places in international competitions and Olympiads (first place in the world in robotics in 2015, first place in the UAE F1 championship, first place in athletics, basketball, chess, cricket, badminton);
- The school team is a participant of the CBSE National Games in India;
- 100% of graduates (2021) have received scholarships to prestigious and respected colleges around the world.
Facilities and equipment at Our Own High School — Al Warqa'a
The building of the school campus is spacious and bright, the administrative premises and the lobby are equipped with central air conditioning systems. For students, the school has everything necessary for successful and productive study and rest:
- A spacious library with an impressive set of periodicals and literature, carefully selected taking into account the demand for various age groups of students, a collection of maps, sheet music, multimedia materials, access to full-text databases on the network;
- Composite laboratory and 3 spacious, well-equipped laboratory complexes, allowing to demonstrate experiments and conduct design work of various levels in the field of physics, chemistry and biology;
- Computer Research Center, which includes five laboratories with modern technology, the latest software and interactive whiteboards, projection equipment;
- The bookstore allows you to purchase educational and fiction literature, uniforms and stationery;
- On the ground floor of the main building there is a mosque;
- The school canteen offers snacks and drinks at affordable prices;
- The building houses two health posts with a couple of doctors, nurses and support staff.
In addition, the school offers excellent sports opportunities:
- Football field with artificial turf;
- Indoor and outdoor tennis courts;
- Playgrounds for cricket, volleyball and basketball;
- Badminton courts;
- Athletics stadium and a running track with a length of 400 meters;
- Indoor sports hall with movable stands and interactive scoreboard;
- Gyms, equipped with air conditioning systems.
If necessary, the school uses the opportunities of the Etisalat Academy.
The application for admission to the school is submitted through the school's own online portal, through a special interface. Detailed instructions for filling out the form are also available on the website.
After submitting the form and attached documents, applicants receive an identifier and an application number. It must be preserved, it will be used in further interaction with the selection committee.
In the next stage, potential first-grade students included in the preliminary lists receive an invitation to meet with school management and counselors; only after that the reception will be confirmed.
Applicants, starting from the second grade, can also be invited to conduct entrance exams in the form of tests, essays on a given topic, oral and written works.
Enrollment in the school is subject to KHDA approval.
99% of school graduates enrolled in higher education institutions receive scholarships for academic performance or distinction.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Our Own High School is designed for boys in grades 1 to 12. The school has rules of direct non-selective and open admission regardless of nationality, ethnicity, religious group or the presence of a medical diagnosis for all students - provided that they can cope with the program.
Upon enrolment, preference is given to the sisters/brothers of students who are already in school.
To enroll in the 1st grade, the child must be 6 years old by March 31 of the current year. Classes begin on April 1.
For admission, a package of documents is required, including:
- 2 copies of the student's passport with a valid UAE visa;
- 3 copies of the UAE student ID;
- 2 copies of parents' identity cards;
- 4 fresh pictures of the child on the national passport and 1 picture of 3 * 2 for the school pass;
- 2 copies of the statement from the report card from the last school;
- 2 copies of exam sheets from the previous school;
- Transferable certificate.
All documents must be submitted in English or Arabic or provided with a certified translation into one of these languages.
Scholarships Our Own High School — Al Warqa'a
Students from multi-child families can expect a discount of 25% for 3, and 30% for each subsequent child (provided that the children attend school at the same time).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Our Own High School — Al Warqa'a
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.