Nord Anglia International School Dubai
Description of Nord Anglia International School Dubai
- Established year: 2014
- Location: Dubai, UAE
- Age of students: 4-18 y.
- Number of students: 1850
- Language of instruction: English
- Type: full-time school.
Nord Anglia International School Dubai combines creativity and innovation with a personalized approach to learning. In a warm and supportive community, children achieve academic, creative and sporting success.
Nord Anglia International School Dubai opened its doors to international students in September 2014. Located in the Al Barsha district, today the school educates students of 78 different nationalities.
The school offers an expanded British curriculum for children from primary school age to grade 11 – one of the most stable and widely recognised curricula in the world. Students take the IGCSE Open Exams at the end of Grade 11. This curriculum prepares students for the IB Diploma or A Level program, which are available in grades 12-13. Students successfully enter the best universities in the world and their success has provided the school with an international reputation.
All students from kindergarten to grade 13 choose one of the world's languages: French, German, Chinese and Spanish. In addition to this, they attend Arabic language lessons until the end of the 10th grade, unless they are holders of an Arabic passport.
All students wear school uniforms – this is one way to become part of the NAS Dubai community. They must wear uniforms when traveling to and from campus, when participating in school activities. Sixth Form students have a dress code: they are expected to dress according to their work environment.
- 100% passing score of IBDP and IGCSE
- Every year, at least one IBDP student receives the highest score.
- 39.4 – 2021 IBDP average compared to the global average of 33
- 54% of students scored 40+ points on IBDP, with the highest score being 45 points.
Things to know about
The experience of a broad curriculum from an early age helps children discover their strengths and passions. The institution inspires inquisitive, engaged learners through transformational experiences, including collaborations with the world's leading organizations such as the Juilliard School, UNICEF and MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology).
- Juilliard School – A collaboration with the world's most famous art institution enriches the teaching of dance, drama and music.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – The MIT-Nord Anglia STEAM program helps students develop creativity and communication skills while solving interdisciplinary problems facing the modern world.
- UNICEF – students learn to solve problems in the field of sustainable development.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Nord Anglia International School Dubai
Accommodation, meals, prices
Children rejuvenate after a busy day of school with a nutritious lunch. Lunch is an opportunity to communicate with peers and build relationships with others, to form self-service skills.
Activities Nord Anglia International School Dubai
- NAS Dubai offers a wide range of educational trips to develop cultural awareness, skills such as leadership, communication, academic and life skills. On some trips, students work with local communities where they learn about the world and understand the importance of helping others, improving their lives and learning environment – for example, an annual trip to the NAE Center in Tanzania and week-long trips: expeditions to Malaysia, Oman, Nepal or Thailand.
- NAS Dubai supports students who compete in DASSA (Dubai Schools Association) sports leagues including football, rugby, netball, cricket, lapta, aquatone, athletics, basketball and swimming.
- School sports teams in grades 3-13 take part in more than 500 events throughout the year. The outstanding services of the school are recognized by the UAE Sports Teen Awards, where NAS Dubai was awarded the "Best Sports School" award for beginners.
- The Performing Arts Program is an integral part of the curriculum, and thanks to the cooperation with the Juilliard School, students and teachers have a unique opportunity to study with world-class teachers.
- Thanks to the NAS Music Academy in Dubai, all students have the opportunity to play a musical instrument or take vocal lessons.
- The additional activities program offers more than 100 activities at all stages of education.
- An extensive program allows children to discover activities that inspire them. Each year, the institution offers new activities that meet the desires and diverse interests of the student community, they change every semester. In addition to the activities provided by the school, there is a full range of activities provided from the outside that can cater to the interests of children.
- Talented teachers from different countries help students develop a love of learning through cooperation between students and teachers. This contributes to the creation of a supportive and safe environment in which students can overcome difficulties, gain self-confidence and become results-oriented students.
- Learning the world's languages helps students view problems from a global perspective. Students acquire a deeper knowledge of the world, develop an understanding of others, while deepening their understanding of their own culture and the world as a whole.
- The curriculum, covering all stages from Early Years to IB, is an exciting time to launch innovative and exciting student projects.
- At NAS Dubai, well-being and sustainability are at the heart of the curriculum because confident, motivated learners not only do better, but also become happy people.
- The school contributes to the well-being of the entire school community, including learning opportunities for parents and necessary professional development for teachers and staff.
Facilities and equipment at Nord Anglia International School Dubai
The incredible conditions of NAS Dubai provide the child with a specially designed environment, help to become purposeful and result-oriented. Specialized classes in core subjects complement interactive technology, incredible sports facilities, special areas for performing arts and more.
- Full-size professional rugby field
- 2 swimming pools of 25 m each for competitions
- Interactive technologies in every classroom
- About 20 advanced scientific laboratories
- Musical Apartment with Recording Studio
- Makerspace and R&D Labs
- Individual Early Learning Center
- Hydroponic farm space
- Auditorium with 524 seats
- Two 25-meter pools of competitive level
- Two pools for younger students
- Two indoor sports halls with basketball courts and a special gymnastic covering
- Two full-size outdoor fields, multi-purpose and tennis courts.
To develop creative skills, there are art rooms, photo laboratories, a recording studio for primary and secondary schools, a Makerspace and an auditorium with 524 seats.
The school has a place for hydroponic farming, where children are taught environmentally friendly ways to grow food.
The school has places where students can socialize and relax: lunchbox and terrace café, a spacious common area Sixth Form Wellbeing Terrace Space Jungle.
Technology is closely linked to education at NAS Dubai: students are provided with an iPad to enhance the quality of learning, from 3rd grade students can integrate laptops and other devices into the curriculum.
Technologies that students use include:
- NAE Global Campus – online learning platform for communication with colleagues from Nord Anglia from around the world
- Interactive whiteboards
- 3D printers
Admission dates and extra charges
- Child Application Fee – AED 525
- The one-time registration fee is AED 5000.
Registration at NAS Dubai is open all year round.
- Submit an online inquiry form on the website, an email or call and talk to the admissions team.
- Plan a school excursion or take a private virtual tour and an introductory meeting with the reception team.
- Submit an online application form with supporting documents and pay the registration fee.
- Set a time when the child will be able to pass the online entrance test.
- Get the results of the assessment within one week.
- Respond to the offer (2-3 days).
- If accepted, pay the entrance fee.
Graduates of the school enter the top 100 universities in the world, including:
- Oxford University,
- Cambridge University,
- Edinburgh University,
- Brown University
- Cornell University.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Preschoolers, Grade 1:
- Kindergarten/School Report and Advisory Form
- A brief evaluation video.
- Latest School Report
- Sample reading (video) and writing.
- Latest School Report
- Results of cat4 online testing (assessment of cognitive abilities of children from 6 to 17 years old)
- Sample reading (video).
- Latest School Report
- Online CAT4
- Online tests in mathematics and English
- Sample reading (video).
IGCSE (Grades 9, 10 and 11):
- Latest School Report
- Online CAT4
- Online tests in mathematics and English.
International Baccalaureate (Grades 12, 13)
- PAPER-based CAT4 score, English and Math test results before meeting with the IB team for discussion
- Admission abroad based on grades conducted at the current school
- Successful students are offered a place or placed on a waiting list.
Scholarships Nord Anglia International School Dubai
NAS Dubai Fellows are an integral part of the NAS Dubai community. They are responsible for the academic success of younger students by supporting an academic mentoring program as well as promoting leadership initiatives.
The NAS Dubai IB Scholarship Program is designed for students who are engaged in creativity, innovation, social responsibility, academic performance and leadership. These attributes cover the role of the change creator. The NAS Dubai IB Scholarship is designed specifically for students entering sixth form in the next academic year (or for current sixth grade students) awarded annually.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Nord Anglia International School Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.