OISE Taunton Summer School is a prestigious language school in the south-west of England. The school offers summer courses for children. Vacation programs in Taunton - an excellent choice for students who first time come to England. Courses in the school allow to learn and improve English, get acquainted with history, culture of the country, its customs and traditions.
The camp will appeal to those students who prefer quiet cozy cities. Taunton, lurking among green hills, is almost ideal for children. It is safe and it is located near major centers, such as Bristol, where you can spend the weekend.
Short information. The program is aimed at developing students' general language skills.
About the course. The general English for children course provides for conducting classes in game and interactive form. All skills students develop and practice in communicative practice. Classical academic methods are used to study grammar. To consolidate knowledge, game lessons and extra-curricular activities are used.
Students age: 7 - 13 years.
Start dates: 05.07 - 15.08.2015. Duration 1 - 4, 6 weeks.
Admission requirements: English - A1.
Learning outcomes: mastering spoken English at a level sufficient for communication in everyday situations, developing reading, writing, listening skills.
Class size: up to 8 people.
Lesson duration: 45 minutes.
Cost: of 1290 GBP per week, 2,410 pounds in 2 weeks, 3,580 pounds in 3 weeks, 4,750 pounds in 4 weeks, 7,090 pounds in 6 weeks (the cost of the course includes accommodation, meals, training with the provision of methodological materials, extracurricular program, excursion support, also the package includes a direct, reverse transfer).
Students are accommodated in the residence. Children live in rooms for 6 to 8 people. Conveniences are on the floor. Teachers and educators live in the residence with students. Meals in the school are organized according to the principle of full boarding. The dining room is located on campus.
Daily extra-curricular program at the school includes active leisure: football, swimming, tennis, volleyball, basketball, badminton. In the evening, children are offered karaoke, bowling, discos, film screenings. Once a week, an outbound excursion is planned (to the amusement park, Wookey Holeand Clarks Shopping Village).
Lessons are held from 9:30 to 13:00.
The language school operates at the King's Hall School. The latter is equipped with modern equipment. The school has spacious classrooms, a computer room, a medical center, a library, several recreation areas, a gymnasium, tennis courts, sports grounds and a heated swimming pool.
Established time of transfers (included in the cost of study): arrival - Sunday 9-00 - 19-00, departure - Saturday 12-00 - 20-00.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.