Oxford International, Brighton (Summer UK Homestay), Oxford International School of Brighton (summer courses)
Description of Oxford International, Brighton (Summer UK Homestay), Oxford International School of Brighton (summer courses)
- Location: Brighton, England,
- Students age: from 12 to 17 years old,
- Language of instruction: English,
- Type: mixed.
Oxford International, Brighton (Summer UK Homestay) is an international school that invites students from 12 to 17 years old to study in summer programs. Students choose Oxford International due to effective results in learning English and a rich extracurricular program that will allow them to explore the culture and sights of England. In the process of learning, students will receive a lot of positive emotions, useful skills and knowledge, the experience of living in an English-speaking country.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Oxford International, Brighton (Summer UK Homestay), Oxford International School of Brighton (summer courses)
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students of the summer program at Oxford International Brighton are given the opportunity to live with a host family, whose members are local residents and native English speakers. Such an experience will allow students to study the culture of the country and actively practice language skills, feel safe and comfortable, and be in a caring society around the clock.
Accommodation is offered in double or triple rooms in houses located 40 minutes by bus from the educational building. Students are provided with breakfasts and dinners, and students receive hot lunches at school. Packed lunches are provided on weekends. Upon arrival, new students have dinner with the family, and on the day of departure, they receive a packed lunch.
When staying with a host family for more than a week, students can hand over their clothes for washing, which is organized on weekends. It is worth noting that new tenants must bring toiletries and towels with them.
One of the important conditions for living in host families is compliance with the curfew. Rules:
- General course students up to 14 years old and individual course students up to 16 years old stay at home every evening without leaving the territory,
- Students 14-15 years old - return to 20 hours,
- Students from 16 to 17 years old - return to 23 hours,
- Individual 16-year-olds must be home by 9 p.m. and 17-year-olds by 11 p.m. if allowed by their parents (in writing).
Activities Oxford International, Brighton (Summer UK Homestay), Oxford International School of Brighton (summer courses)
The leisure program of summer school students includes visits to many places, including:
- Brighton walking tours,
- A trip to London,
- Visit to the Booth Museum and Dyke Road Park,
- Half-day excursion to the Seven Sisters,
- A trip to the Bai360 Lookout Tower and Brighton Pier,
- Sporting events in Hove Park.
In their free time, students gather on site or in classrooms, playing board games or having barbecue evenings. For an additional fee, students have the opportunity to participate in sports activities: windsurfing, kayaking or rock climbing. These sections are not always open, depending on demand and weather conditions.
- Located in Central Hove, five minutes from the promenade,
- Accommodation in host families in half-board format,
- The maximum class size is 18 people,
- An extensive leisure program, including field trips.
Facilities and equipment at Oxford International, Brighton (Summer UK Homestay), Oxford International School of Brighton (summer courses)
The campus of the Oxford International School is a bright and spacious place for study and leisure. Buildings in the form of villas include large and bright classrooms, recreation and self-study areas, a modern cafeteria with a dining room.
Five minutes from the campus is the sandy beach and the promenade of Brighton. The road to important transport points also does not take much time: for example, the way to London can be driven in no more than an hour.
Brighton is well equipped: restaurants and art venues, sights and natural beauty, excellent urban infrastructure and transport links - railway, buses.
Admission dates and extra charges
The summer program in Brighton has several formats:
- Academic studies only,
- Lessons and activities,
- A complete package of all services.
The school day is full of various activities, for example:
- In the morning and at lunchtime: classes or excursions,
- In the evening: disco, sports or creative event, rest at home.
Many services are included in the price, except for the following:
- Administrative fee - 50 £,
- The deposit for applicants is 20% of the total cost of the program.
Additionally and if desired, you can pay:
- Supplement for students over 16 years old - 20 £,
- Visa courier services – £50,
- Trinity GESE exam – £116.
Transfer is included in the price
The admission process is based on the reservation of places in classrooms. To do this, you must fill out a registration form that includes information about personal data and the group in which the student arrived. It is necessary to mention the medical, dietary, social or psychological characteristics of the child in the registration form, if they can affect the learning process.
The booking ends at the moment when the admissions committee receives all the necessary documents and a deposit of 20% of the course fee.
At the end of the program, students receive a certificate confirming the acquired skills and academic progress. It will complement the portfolio of individual achievements and will come in handy when applying for a school, college or university, when applying for a residence permit or a long-term visa.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Applicants need to collect a package of personal documents, including:
- Their data: foreign passport, health insurance, student visa or residence permit, vaccination card,
- Contact information for parents or guardians.
Admission takes place every Monday, those wishing to study in full format are expected on any Sunday.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Oxford International, Brighton (Summer UK Homestay), Oxford International School of Brighton (summer courses)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.