National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), founded in Nigeria in 1983, provides a functional, flexible, affordable, and cost-effective education. Founding President Alhaji Shehu Shagari envisaged the creation of a higher educational institution capable of meeting the educational needs of citizens regardless of their status and circumstances.
The university offers courses for obtaining a professional certificate in the following main areas:
The university implements the following diploma programs:
Undergraduate programs at NOUN are implemented in the following areas:
Master's programs at NOUN are implemented in the following areas:
The modular MBA program at NOUN allows you to provide a flexible organization of training suitable for any category of applicants.
The PhD programs at NOUN are designed to enhance knowledge and upgrade professional skills of students and are based on term papers and research.
The university offers the following directions for obtaining a PhD degree:
The university is located in southwestern Nigeria, in the city of Lagos, and includes its own library.
For admission to undergraduate programs you must:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.