National Institute of Education (NIE) is Singapore's leading public teacher education university. The university is in the top 10 educational institutions of the country, occupying the 8th position in the national ranking.
This program is aimed at forming the three main groups of teachers Senior Teachers, Lead Teachers and Master Teachers.
NIE higher education diplomas are the first stage of qualification in a teaching career, but interested applicants may be offered a special education diploma program (DISE), which allows children and young people with various disabilities (intellectual, physical, sensory, behavioral and psychological) to be taught.
Graduates who have successfully completed their undergraduate programs in the direction of “Bachelor of Arts” or “Bachelor of Science” receive professional knowledge and skills for working in primary school.
Master's programs in teacher education (PGDE) train teachers in elementary and high schools and colleges. Students enrolled in the PGDE (Primary) and PGDE (Secondary) programs will focus on teaching one or two school subjects. The university provides the opportunity to obtain the following degrees: MA, MSc, MEd, PhD, EdD.
The university provides a fully equipped hostel for its students.
The cost of living is $ 216 -432 $ / month.
NIE's main building is located in the capital of Singapore and has its own large library.
The university is dominated by two-semester study programs.
According to pedagogical programs subsidized by the Ministry of Education, admission is carried out:
When studying on programs funded from the budget, a student cannot study at the same time at another university.
To enroll in a master's program on a paid basis, you must:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.