Millions of people dream of studying in Great Britain. The dream starts with careful preparation, studying the conditions of admission to the schools in London. It is better to begin in advance, since the requirements of British schools have own features.
Popular questions on admission: 5 important aspects
When entering, it is worth paying attention to the following points:
- Level of a foreign language proficiency. In English schools, studying is conducted in English, and command of the language at a good level is an obligatory requirement for admission, otherwise schoolchildren will not be able to properly master the curriculum, they will have difficulties in adaptation
- Age of the student. For foreign students, the programs of middle and high school are most often offered, because at the age of 11-12 children become independent, which can not be said about the kids: the majority of foreign schools are not ready to accept foreign schoolchildren of younger age
- Educational programs are different in different schools, so before entering the selection of the school should be taken seriously. So, British schoolchildren are defined with a future specialty and begin to prepare for entering a profile university from an early age
- Selection upon admission. Prestigious private schools take great care of their own rating and are doing everything possible to ensure that among their graduates, graduates were capable children. Therefore, when deciding on enrollment, the results of tests, interviews, and a report card for the previous several periods are taken into account
- Financial component. London has a lot of ranking boarding schools, where the cost of studying can be quite high. Most often the school asks to pay for a certain period.
Sometimes it is difficult to take into account all the nuances, so the help of a specialized agency will be just in time. SMAPSE consultants will help you choose the right school, considering your needs and financial possibilities.
Consider the process of entering a secondary school in London on the example of the TOP Royal Russell School London :
- Age requirements for foreign students: from 11 years
|Middle Classes|| |
The private Royal Russell School is perfect for those who want to combine learning with an interesting pastime in close proximity to London. The large, ennobled campus provides students with everything necessary for a full-fledged comprehensive development, and if you want to get acquainted with the culture, sights of the capital, then public transport stops are located near the school. Highly qualified teachers provide high quality of education, instill universal human moral values
What you need for admission:
- language requirements: not lower than the average spoken (B1)
- school certificate for the last few years
- test results in English and mathematics
- recommendations from the class teacher, some teachers (more often a foreign language, mathematics)
- Interview in English with a representative of the school
- a good motivational letter, personal achievements of the student (awards, letters of commendation, thank you letters, etc.) will create a good impression
- completed registration form of the school, copies of student's personal documents (passport, birth certificate, photo, medical certificate).
Tuition fees: middle classes (7-8) - from 25155 £ / year, senior classes (9-13) - from 33975 £ / year. Accommodation, full board meals are included in the price.
- Additional fees: registration fee - £ 100, a non-refundable deposit for a place at school - £ 500, a refundable deposit for studying - £ 6000 + costs for air tickets, transfers, visa registration, guardian services.
- Additional English courses for foreign students cost £ 1200 / trimester (if necessary).