Mercu Buana University
Description of Mercu Buana University
- Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
- Year of foundation: 1985
- Language of instruction: Indonesian, English
- Number of students: more than 1500
- Type of education: mixed.
Mercu Buana University (UMB) is a private higher education institution. In 1984, the construction of the main campus began, already in 1985 the university opened its doors to the first applicants.
At the moment, education is conducted at several faculties in the following areas:
- Communicative Studies
- Computer Science
- Architectural Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Enterprise management.
Students in the amount of more than 1500 people study in bachelor's, master's, doctoral programs.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Mercu Buana University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The residence is located 100 metres from the main campus in Merua. Each living room – 25 sq.m. with furniture, air conditioning. They are equipped for two, three or four people, common are bathrooms and toilets, kitchens, gyms, living rooms with TV. The dormitory building is under round-the-clock security.
Accommodation will cost the student $ 70-132 per month.
Activities Mercu Buana University
The city has many attractions, from national parks to museums. There are also:
- Imax cinema, which shows films in 3D format
- Nature lovers should definitely visit the Orchid Garden
- Ancol Dreamland is a seaside resort with a boat center, a swimming arena, water slides
- Sports complex Karno is a center for international competitions in football, badminton, swimming, tennis, golf.
- Jakarta International Convention Centre with adjoining hotels
- The national television station of Indonesia is TVRI.
The university has opened sports sections, creative courses.
- TOP-30 best universities in Indonesia
- TOP-5% of the world's best universities.
Facilities and equipment at Mercu Buana University
UMB has several five campuses: three in west, central, southern parts of Jakarta, two in West Java.
Jakarta is the financial, business center of a country with a population of more than 9 million people. This city is the seat of the national government, the leadership of the province of Greater Jakarta. It houses the national parliament, the Supreme Court, the Constitutional Courts. Jakarta is the center of contemporary music, Indonesia's active creative industry, so it's no surprise that everything that happens in Jakarta is a national interest, and it is for these reasons that Jakarta is the center of indonesia's modern history and modern life.
The buildings are equipped with classrooms with computers, multimedia projectors, whiteboards and WiFi access. For practical exercises, innovative equipment is installed in the laboratories. Students have access to library storage, computers, electronic databases.
For comfortable learning on campuses there are canteens, medical centers, recreation areas.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year consists of two semesters. Classes are held from Monday to Friday, sometimes on Saturday.
- Accommodation, meals
- Books, consumables
- Medical care
- Personal expenses
- Annual contributions.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
You can apply on the official website of the university, when visiting the admissions office or by contacting representatives of the university.
The first stage in enrollment is registration in the personal account of the applicant.
For admission to any of the levels of education, the following should be provided:
- Diploma of the previous level of study
- Official transcript
- Average cumulative diploma score
- Results of standardized tests ACT/SAT for bachelors, GRE/GMAT for masters
- TOEFL/IELTS certificate if the student is a foreigner
- Registration fee (payment receipt).
Scholarships Mercu Buana University
Scholarship programs are provided to successful foreign students, as well as to students who find themselves in a difficult financial situation.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Mercu Buana University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.