LTL Mandarin Language School
Description of LTL Mandarin Language School
- Year of foundation: 2007;
- Location : Beijing, China;
- Students age: 7+;
- Language of instruction: Chinese;
- Type of study : mixed;
- Type of institution: language school.
Mandarin Chinese language school in Beijing is widely known outside of China. A large number of students from Europe and Asia made the educational institution truly international, and the German organizers guarantee an unsurpassed European quality. Since its foundation, the school has undergone tremendous development: several branches, residences have been opened, and numerous linguistic programs have been developed.
School facts in numbers:
- 7000 students took LTL courses from 2007 to 2020;
- 100,000 hours of Chinese taught by the teachers of the center;
- 3 people in a group - average class size;
- 80% prefer accommodation with host families;
- 8 locations offered by the school - Beijing, Shanghai, Taipei, Beihai, Xi'an, Chengdu, Singapore;
- 100 native Chinese teachers.
In a language school international students can:
- Learn Chinese in courses of varying duration;
- Prepare for admission to universities in China;
- Prepare for the HSK international Chinese language proficiency test;
- Develop programs for business and excursion support around the country;
- Take an internship in Chinese companies, volunteer organizations, the embassy.
The language school was founded in 2007 by the German Andres Leimbock: in the 2000s, he worked in medical companies in Beijing and at the same time studied the Mandarin dialect. Having mastered the language, Andres helped his friends and colleagues who come to China to learn Chinese. After studying at Chinese language schools for several years, Andres realized that the local language centers lacked an effective organization of the educational process. Then the decision to open own language school came naturally. The name Live The Language, which has become both the motto of students and teachers, was suggested to Andres by his marketing friend. Andres remains the owner and director of LTL to this day.
- Students won't have to pay extra for anything, everything is included in the tuition fee - all books and study materials;
- No registration fees;
- Course prices do not increase during high season;
- Certified Teachers - Courses are taught by qualified, native Chinese teachers;
- Small groups - on average 3-8 people per class;
- Private lessons.
The school prides itself on the international environment created by students from all over the world.
LTL is chosen by students from different countries such as:
- Great Britain;
Language Center Accreditations:
- International Association of Language Centers;
- German Education Ministry (Bildungsurlaub);
- Swedish Higher Education Ministry (CSN);
- Hanban / Confucius Institute Official HSK Testing Center.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in LTL Mandarin Language School
Accommodation, meals, prices
Accommodation options during training:
- Students live in residences in rooms for 1 person with all amenities. The residences are within walking distance from the school. Foreign students can choose from vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diet, halal and kosher food;
- Students can choose to live with a host family and practice English with family members. In host families, students have breakfast and lunch;
- Apartment for several people - Accommodation in a rented apartment with local or international students. The apartments include common recreation areas and kitchens
- Studios are apartments for one person with a bathroom and kitchen. The maximum distance to the school is 45 minutes.
All types of accommodation have amenities: heating, water, gas, air conditioning, etc.
Activities LTL Mandarin Language School
Any school program involves extracurricular activities where international students can plunge into practice and make new friends. Popular events:
- Lunch club;
- Korean barbecue;
- Kung Fu;
- Acquaintance with art;
- Movie screening;
- Peking Opera;
- Tour to Beijing;
- Visit to a local private school;
- Shopping tour.
Facilities and equipment at LTL Mandarin Language School
The LTL language centers are ideally located:
- LTL Beijing is located in the business district of Beijing, 5 minutes from the subway station. A variety of cafes, shops, a sports center and a swimming pool are within walking distance from the language center;
- LTL Mandarin School Shanghai is located in the center of Shanghai: from the windows of the educational institution, located on the 9th floor, overlooking the urban architecture in the Shikumen style;
- LTL Taipei is located in a dynamic Taipei area with numerous cafes, restaurants, music clubs and bars.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition fee includes:
- Educational materials;
- Water, coffee, tea at school;
- Cultural activities;
- Students 18+ - free beer after 17:00;
- Wi - Fi on the school grounds and in the residence.
Transfer to Beijing or Shanghai is organized for extra pay.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about LTL Mandarin Language School
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.