Beijing University of Applied Sciences is located in Beijing, in the Haidian area: the campus of the college is very well maintained, inside there is a calm and friendly atmosphere, within walking distance are famous city attractions. Students of Beijing Union University enjoy visiting historic and cultural monuments, taking walks and tourist trips - the school is very open to any kinds of extracurricular and leisure activities.
The Peking University of Applied Sciences has been in existence since 1978 - it was formed as a result of the merger of the Beijing and Beijing People's Universities. Its specialization is bachelor's degree and admission to graduate school. Profile are the humanities and science blocks of disciplines. In all, there are two faculties in the university: legal and historical. In order to obtain a master's degree, the student enters one of three areas: archeology, history or trophology. Bachelor's degree is already available in 11 specialties.
The university offers a one-year course (autumn and spring semesters, just 36 weeks) of Chinese. The studying program includes listening, speaking, reading and writing. In a couple of students receive a partner who speaks Chinese.
Upon completion of this course, you can take the standard HSK exam. This test identifies the level of knowledge of the Chinese language for students who are not native to him, for foreign students and ethnic minorities.
Classes take weekdays (Monday-Friday): 4 classes per day (classical course). The intensity of the course can reach 30 lessons per week. For a rest and application of the received knowledge in practice once a week excursions are conducted for students.
Application submission period is all year round.
The programs for studying spoken Chinese are shortened (from 2 to 6 weeks). Classes are held on weekdays, in the morning, the intensity of studying is 20 hours per week. In the second half of the day students are offered lectures on Chinese culture and social studies (gongfu, Chinese painting, etc.). On weekends there are guided tours. You can register for the course one month before the beginning of the course. Price on request
During one semester students study the Chinese language, after which they pass an examination for his knowledge, and upon successful surrender can be enrolled in the specialty " International Economics "immediately for the second semester - or continue learning the language further. In general, the course is designed for 4 years, the successful passing of the exam is supported by a profile diploma of a bachelor.
During one semester students intensively master the Chinese language, after which they hold a profile exam - in case of successful passing they can be enrolled in the specialty "Journalism", and immediately for the second semester - or continue learning the language further. In general, the course is designed for 4 years, the successful passing of the exam means a bachelor's degree.
The following programs are also offered:
All international students live in a hostel that is located near the educational building: they are provided with 2-bed apartments of the hotel format, with all the necessary furniture, all the necessary household appliances are available, with a private bathroom and toilet room, and air conditioning. All rooms have a pleasant, tranquil interior and are fully equipped for high quality rest of students.
Cost of living:
Within walking distance there are famous city sights. Students are happy to visit historical and cultural monuments, take walks and tourist trips - the school is very opened to any kinds of extracurricular and leisure activities.
1. Beijing Union University is closely monitoring which specialties are in high demand and what are the most promising in the modern world - according to the analysis, the study of these areas is constantly expanding to study more talented and educated workforce. Also, work is constantly being done to improve the education system within the university, which allows it to always keep pace with the times and invariably demonstrate excellent academic results. Graduates of the university receive not only a high-quality academic education - they are the most ready to receive a future profession, are motivated for high results, are capable of effective independent study of disciplines and self-education.
2. Beijing University of Applied Sciences is proud of its staff of teachers: they are experienced and qualified teachers (only about 20 people), some of whom are foreign students: it allows exchanging international educational experience and, in general, raising the level of academic studying among students. Special qualifications and studying are available for specialists preparing students for the HSK test: they help not only to absorb the basic array of academic knowledge, but also to provoke interest in studying the Chinese language, to become more familiar with the Chinese folk culture. Courses universities are aimed at practical application in modern life and culture.
3. The university pays a lot of attention to scientific research work: a large number of specialized committees operate on its territory: the international institute of jurisprudence and economics, the city and regional development institute, the institutes of religious studies, the environment, the Institute of History and Culture of Beijing, etc.
4. Much attention is paid to international exchange - every year the university accepts about 200 foreign students, and their number continues to increase. The university also cooperates with foreign universities: the USA, South Korea, England, Hong Kong, France, Switzerland and others - you can give several examples:
5. In 2004 the university signed a special agreement that allows graduates of Beijing to continue their studies at the magistracy (in case of a successful result in the English language exam) - here it is the list of partner universities:
Moreover, annually these universities allocate grant sites, which are intended for graduates with the highest scores on the final exams. Of course, this serves the students with additional strong incentives for successful teaching and deep learning of the subjects studied.
The academic year is divided into 2 semesters: spring (September-January) and autumn (February-July). For rest, there are days off and vacations.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.