Los Angeles City College
Description of Los Angeles City College
- Established: 1929
- Location: East Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, USA
- Students age: from 16 years.
- Number of students: 13 909 people.
- Language of instruction: English.
Los Angeles City College (LACC) is a public college in East Hollywood, Los Angeles, California. It is part of the Los Angeles Community College, located on Vermont Avenue south of Santa Monica Boulevard on the former campus of the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA). From 1947 to 1955, the college shared its campus with California State University Los Angeles (Cal State LA).
LACC is one of the most reputable community colleges in California.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Los Angeles City College
Activities Los Angeles City College
Students have ample opportunities to participate in clubs, student organizations on campus. The Government's Associate Student Council sponsors a combination of academic and extra-curricular activities to improve the social and cultural climate on campus.
Los Angeles City College students live and study an hour's drive from the Pacific Ocean and the San Gabriel Mountains, where you can swim in the morning and ski during the day. It hosts concerts, ballets, performances, musicals, museums, sports events all year round.
The academic session and registration are compulsory for all new international students and take place several days before the start of each semester. The Academic Session introduces the new student to the College's programs, services, procedures and campus through group orientation sessions. All new students who are attending the US college credit program must be enrolled in a personal development class designed for F-1 students.
- Los Angeles City College (LACC) is a community college offering a variety of classes and programs that allow students to earn an associate's degree, certification, and / or university transfer.
- LACC helps students transfer to competitive universities as juniors, apply for high-paying jobs, and advance their careers.
- LACC alumni are renowned educators, community leaders and politicians, business leaders, Oscar, Emmy and Grammy winners, physicians and technologists. Among them are Charles Bukowski, Clint Eastwood, Morgan Freeman, Mike Evans and others.
- The math and debate teams are nationally recognized, and theater, film and television programming are some of the best in the country.
- Small classrooms allow more interaction for students, teachers.
Facilities and equipment at Los Angeles City College
LACC is located in Hollywood, just five miles from downtown Los Angeles, on a beautiful 48 acre site. The college includes television and film studios, a performing arts theater, a music hall, more than a dozen multi-storey educational buildings, including a library and gyms. The LACC can be reached by bus or Metro Red Line.
Admission dates and extra charges
The college works on a semester system:
- autumn classes - from August to December
- spring semester classes - from January to May
- summer - from June to August.
- Registration fee (for a programme/course) 2000 USD
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Los Angeles City College has an open admission policy, usually only requiring a high school diploma or GED certification.
Scholarships Los Angeles City College
The Los Angeles City College Foundation provides scholarships and opportunities for LACC students. All scholarships are funded by independent donors, LACC alumni, the campus community, so they vary in amount, timing, and participation requirements.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Los Angeles City College
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.