California State University Dominguez Hills
Description of California State University Dominguez Hills
- Founded: in 1960
- Location: Carson, California, USA
- Type of education: joint (mixed), higher education
- Number of students: up to 15 thousand (less than 1000 foreigners)
- Age of students: 16+
- Language learning: English.
California State University Dominguez Hills (California State University Dominguez Hills) - a large public institution in the district of Los Angeles, founded in 1960. He enters the system of 23 state universities in California, which allows him to constantly increase the quality and relevance of educational programs.
Today it is one of the most culturally and economically developed young universities in America, featuring an unprecedented ethnic diversity of students. The following faculties / colleges are involved in the educational opportunities of the university:
- Arts and Humanities
- Natural and behavioral sciences
- Business Administration and Policies
- Expanded and international education
- Nursing, social services and health care.
In total, 45 areas of undergraduate and 23 master's specialties are available here (the university does not assign a doctoral degree), and there is the possibility of combining several areas and obtaining advanced qualifications, a double degree.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in California State University Dominguez Hills
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students live directly on the campus of CSU Dominguez Hills, which makes it easier for them to adapt to new environments, help them find new friends and quickly join student life, be in contact with students, professors, tutors.
Residential premises are located within walking distance of educational buildings (no need to think about parking lots and vehicles): this is a large block of 22 two-storey townhouses and 2 residences. Pupils are offered 3 options:
- Private room
- Double room (2 students in each bedroom)
- Three-room apartment (for 6 people).
All rooms are equipped with everything necessary for comfortable living:
- Modern new furniture
- Shower, bathroom and toilets
- Innovative security system (electronic access)
- Free access to cable TV and Internet
- Laundry service
- Access to the common living room and kitchen.
Activities California State University Dominguez Hills
Life at CSU Dominguez Hills is not limited to studying - sports competitions, performances and exhibitions, festivals, lectures and master classes with invited professionals are organized and accepted on campus all year round.
Dramatic art is important here: the local branch of the Theater and Ballet sets up to 5 productions (theatrical / choreographic) each academic year, and students play all the roles in them - both on stage and outside (as writers, directors, artists on light or sound, costume designers). Premieres take place in the big local theater (designed for 485 people) or in a more intimate setting of the Edison Studio Theater (up to 70 spectators).
The University Art Gallery exhibition hall (one of the most developed in the region as a whole!) Is very popular with students and campus visitors: there are up to 10 exhibitions and performances a year, students of the Faculty of Art and Design are exhibiting.
Each year, the university hosts a large, bright Pow-Wow festival dedicated to the history of America and its indigenous people. This is an exciting opportunity to literally go back in time: try traditional dishes, many recipes of which have already been forgotten, master the ancient craft of Indians or their painting, listen to national music and learn to dance Indian dances, to get acquainted with their religious world. No less popular is the regular festival Unity Fest: its task is to rally the multinational, vibrant, multicultural community of students, teach them unity and tolerance, show the diversity of the modern world, cultures, nations and languages. Often organized trips around the state (and sometimes beyond) and visiting sights off-campus.
- 2nd place in the TOP "100 most accessible US universities" (2015).
- 29th place in the TOP "50 best colleges and universities in California."
- One of the most ethnically diverse state universities and the 17th in this parameter in the country.
- 96 place in the TOP of regional universities of the West USA.
- The online undergraduate program ( Nursing , Nursing) is recognized as one of the best in the country (according to the US News and World Report). The college in this area is very famous in the country and abroad, it is considered one of the largest in the United States, offering 3 academic degrees (bachelor and master).
- The university plays an important role in the development of the region: it is one of the main centers of the economic, educational, cultural heyday of Carson and the South Bay district. More than 67% of graduates work in the district (within 40 km from the campus).
- The relevance of educational programs: all training courses and specialties are constantly reviewed for compliance with the requirements of employers. Training programs are accredited by national and international organizations, making the diploma highly valued worldwide.
- A wide range of curricula: 45 options for undergraduate and 23 graduate courses in the most popular areas of science in the world. More than 65% of students attend internship courses.
- Dominguez Hills is included in the state's state university system, which helps it to constantly improve the quality of education - state universities in the United States always receive strong support.
- Emphasis on the practical application of knowledge, laboratory classes, research activities.
- The internationality of both student and teaching staff, multicultural and tolerant atmosphere, contributing to the development of outlook and comfort of students. Initially, the Spanish-speaking population lived in this area (in particular, the large San Pedro ranch that donated its university talisman, the bull Toro); Sciences). Today, the university also serves as the home of the unique Institute of American Indians and actively attracts the native American population to education.
- Modern, well-equipped and at the same time green campus.
- Good territorial location in a developed, sunny and warm state near the legendary Los Angeles.
- In 2017, the Toyota concert gave Dominguez Hills a grant of $ 4,000,000 to create a STEM center : after completion, it will include innovative laboratories and High - Tech classes , special training centers and career counseling classes.
- More than 74% of students receive grants, scholarships and other forms of financial support from the university or third-party sources.
Facilities and equipment at California State University Dominguez Hills
California State University, Dominguez Hills is located half an hour from Los Angeles (on the way to the OC) in Carson (South Bay region, California). Actually, the name of the university was given because of its location on the Dominguez mountain range. The territory in a quiet, picturesque, quiet area is equipped with everything necessary for productive learning and development, living and spending time of students:
- System "Safe and environmentally friendly"
- Modern residences with furnished rooms
- Large library: Library South Wing occupies a separate five-story (!) Building and can accommodate up to 1600 students at a time. In addition to printed sources, there are 2 computer labs, its own art gallery, conference / reading and self-study rooms.
- Numerous sports fields and grounds: for individual training and for team games
- Modern scientific laboratories
- Smart classes with innovative equipment
- Student Center
- StudHub Center is a large sports center: there are opportunities for playing football, baseball, softball, lacrosse, tennis, athletics, rugby, cycling, swimming and more.
The total area reaches 345 acres: since the university is quite young, all its buildings (6 colleges and 22 two-story townhouses for living) are built in a single, modern style, there are a lot of greenery on the territory, lawns for walks and rest.
Carson itself is a fairly large city, but calm, without the noise of huge megalopolises. It is the youngest city of the district, rapidly developing (largely due to education). The climate here is very warm (hot summer and rainy, snowless winter), the temperature never drops below +3 +5 degrees C.
Admission dates and extra charges
The cost of training depends on the chosen program (and sometimes on the specialty):
Undergraduate (per year)
Only training = from $ 9504
With accommodation and insurance = from $ 38292
Master (per year)
Only training = from $ 6336
With accommodation and insurance = from $ 36562
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The basic requirements for applicants Dominguez Hills for the certificate / diploma of secondary education (12-13 years) and the level of English:
- For applicants to undergraduate: TOEFL from 61 / IELTS from 5.5
- For graduate students: TOEFL from 80 / IELTS from 6.0.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about California State University Dominguez Hills
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.