University of La Verne CA
Description of University of La Verne CA
- Founded: 1891
- Location: La Verne, California, USA
- Language of instruction: English
- Number of students: about 2700
- Rating in the USA: 136.
University of La Verne is located in the quiet and peaceful town of La Verne, 55 kilometers from Los Angeles. The university is private and offers high-quality educational programs from various fields of knowledge: there are more than 90 courses. The university received the prestigious Carnegie Endowment for its research.
The policy of the university is to maximize the assistance in the disclosure and acquisition of knowledge for each student: no more than 10 students per teacher, and up to 20 people study in groups - this approach allows everyone to pay attention. The University of La Verne is a member of the Sport affiliations and memberships: National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA). There are 54 university-based training centers in the United States; there are student exchange agreements with more than 600 universities in the country.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in University of La Verne CA
Accommodation, meals, prices
For international students in the university there is a hostel with 800 beds + 6 cottages, which will provide an additional 250 beds. With short-term English courses, accommodation in the family is possible - this is convenient and useful for maximum language practice. The cost of living is from $ 850 per month.
Students can eat on campus, which is cheaper than in urban institutions.
Activities University of La Verne CA
The university is an hour's drive from Los Angeles, Hollywood and Disneyland: in their free time, students can go on excursions to these and other places, relax on the ocean coast. On the basis of the University of La Verne, more than 20 sports teams have been created, regularly taking part in competitions at the regional and national level. Students develop their creative talents in thematic evenings, organize entertainment programs.
Facilities and equipment at University of La Verne CA
Spacious, comfortable and bright classrooms are equipped with everything necessary. In addition to them, sports facilities are open, including open areas and gyms, there is a library with a large collection of books and scientific articles. The university issues its own newspaper, runs a radio station.
Admission dates and extra charges
Bachelor's and master's programs are built on a semester system: the academic year is divided into two parts, after each semester, exams are passed. It is necessary to prepare for the additional costs associated with paying utility bills, urban transport, educational literature, leisure activities and so on.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Those wishing to enter the University of La Verne must not only provide the necessary documents, but also pass the entrance tests, confirm their knowledge of the English language, write a motivation letter. The exception is short-term English courses, where you only need to pay for the program.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about University of La Verne CA
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.