- Children's language camp in Florida: pros and cons for students
- Features of summer language camps in Florida: programs, courses for students
- Language Camps in Florida: prices
- Best language camps in Florida for foreign students
Florida is one of the most developed and densely populated states of the USA with a high standard of living, and the education system here is also distinguished by the highest level of quality. The language camp is a special integrated educational course combining study and leisure with academic pursuits and adventure spirit. They can become an excellent summer plan for foreign students who want to improve their language level, relax and gain strength. Education is conducted in schools, colleges, universities and educational centers, many of which are at the top of regional and world rankings, have excellent reviews.
Children's language camp in Florida: pros and cons for students
Advantages of the camp in Florida:
- Florida is one of the most developed, beautiful and densely populated states of the country;
- The education system in the US is a recognized leader in the modern world;
- Combining language learning with active rest;
- A wide variety of available directions in sports and creativity;
- High level of organization;
- Highly qualified teachers and staff;
- Comfortable accommodation;
- 100% security;
- Available all year round;
- Unique natural data, wonderful climate, plenty of sunny days;
- International composition of groups.
Features of summer language camps in Florida: programs, courses for students
Warm and mild climate, developed infrastructure and friendly people give excellent opportunities for recreation, creative growth and development. Even in winter, temperatures rarely fall below 20 degrees Celsius! Programs are held throughout the four seasons, mostly during the holidays:
Most of the camps, of course, work in the summer. Education lasts from 1 to 6 weeks (sometimes more). The schedule includes:
- Language lessons;
- Sports activities;
- Creativity and art;
- Excursions, holidays, events.
All participants are divided into groups by age and level of ownership, each group uses its own methods of work. Age groups:
- 3-7 years;
- 8-11 years old;
- 12-14 years old;
- 15-18 years.
The youngest participants are usually accompanied by parents or a nanny / guardian. Junior groups basically just raise the level of the language, while middle and senior students can prepare for serious exams or take a complicated academic course. Language lessons take place in small groups and under the guidance of exceptionally highly qualified specialists - a cozy atmosphere is created in the classroom, students feel free to ask questions. Types of language programs:
- Preparation for tests and exams;
- Academic (preparation for entering the US schools and colleges).
In some cases, it is possible to study various disciplines both to improve the overall level of development, and enroll in a school or college. Available items (list is incomplete):
- Science (biology, physics, chemistry);
- Computer science;
- Science of the environment, ecology;
- Natural Sciences;
- Humanitarian sciences.
The second part of the camp is devoted to sports, creativity and recreation, which are arranged in a variety of combinations at the request of the student. Activities are set aside in the afternoon, weekends are usually devoted to excursions and trips. Lists are very extensive, everyone can find an occupation for themselves:
1) Sport (partial list):
- American football;
- Beach volleyball;
- Beach Soccer;
- Water polo;
- Horseback riding;
- Extreme kinds;
- Mountaineering, climbing.
2) Creativity, art and hobbies (list incomplete):
- Theatrical art;
- Acting skills;
- Writing scripts;
- Musical instruments;
- Sound recording and sound production;
- Architecture and sculpture;
- Graphic arts;
- Digital Photography;
- Design and fashion.
Language Camps in Florida: prices
Participants attend excursions, watch films, go to theaters, shops, shopping centers. The host country provides accommodation and meals at the highest level. Accommodation options:
- Host family;
- Hotel / apartments.
Prices and costs differ depending on the establishment, orientation and other conditions. The total price usually includes:
- Language classes;
- Physical activity and creativity;
- Excursions & Activities;
- Academic subjects;
- Accommodation and meals;
- Educational aids.
- Medical insurance (sometimes included in the total bill);
- Plane tickets;
- Visa application;
- Pocket costs.
The receipt process is simple: you need to choose an institution and course, fill out an application and then follow the instructions of specialists. Take care of reservations in advance, as the demand for education in Florida is very high.
Best language camps in Florida for foreign students
Examples of a language camp in Florida:
- New York Film Academy South Beach, Miami (New York Academy of Motion Picture Arts in Miami). The famous and very prestigious Academy of Cinematography, from whose walls many famous actors, directors and figures of cinema came, offers instruction in directing and acting. Students work with the best of their kind technique, meet with famous directors and actors, create their own films and videos. From 2,200 $ for 2 weeks.
- Rennert International Miami (Miami). A large number of various programs and directions: business and economics; preparation for TOEFL, FCE, CAE; fashion and design; art; sports, unique courses on the study of the sea, ecology and the state of the environment. You can take tutoring lessons. A large number of leisure, cultural and entertainment activities. From 1,680 $ for a week.
- LAL Fort Lauderdale (Fort Lauderdale). Varieties: winter, autumn, spring, summer course; preparation for exams and tests; business; academic course; individual sessions. The school has a very strong teaching staff and is distinguished by its own developments in linguistics, many of which have no analogues in the world. Active extra-curricular life. From 1,000 $ for a week.
- Admiral Farragut Academy (Tampa). It offers a serious academic program in various subjects: history, literature, algebra, geometry, mathematical analysis, English as a foreign language, engineering, STEM and robotics, marine biology, biology, physics, chemistry and others. Studying the most advanced and newest discoveries and technologies.