Aga Khan University
Description of Aga Khan University
- Established: 1983
- Type: Private Nonprofit Higher Education Institution
- Location: Karachi, Pakistan
- Number of students: 2873
- Language of instruction: English.
Aga Khan University (AKU) was founded in 1983 and is a private non-profit higher education institution in Pakistan. AKU is a unique hybrid: it is an institution of academic excellence, an agent of social development. The institution is a leading source of medical, nursing and pedagogical services, research and public service in developing countries. The university is part of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Aga Khan University
Accommodation, meals, prices
AKU provides students with the opportunity to live in a dormitory.
- The University is in the top 5% of prestigious universities in the world and in TOP-15 best educational institutions in the country, occupying 11th position in the ranking
- AKU provides financial assistance to its students
- The educational institution offers international exchange programs for both students and faculty.
Facilities and equipment at Aga Khan University
AKU is located in the administrative center of Sindh province, in the port city of Karachi in southern Pakistan. The material and technical base of the university includes:
- The library
- Conference hall
- Computers with Internet access
- Sports infrastructure
- Department of Clinical Research
- Training hospital
Medical research laboratory equipped with:
- Centrifuges and refrigerated centrifuges
- CO2 incubators
- Water baths
- pH meters
- A modern kit for microscopy, bacteriology / parasitology, virology and tuberculosis
- Biosafety Cabinets
- Storage with ULT freezers and a tank with liquid nitrogen for biological samples.
Admission dates and extra charges
- Submission of application = $ 306
- Entrance fee:
- Undergraduate = $ 670-$ 2150
- Graduate = $ 285 -1340 $
- Doctoral studies = 660 $
- Deposit (refundable) = $ 200
- The cost of living in Karachi = $ 237 -429 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you need:
- Online application
- Education Documents
- Entry exams
- Three letters of recommendation (magistracy)
- Statement of purpose and short research proposal (500 words; Master's program).
Depending on the program, additional requirements may be made to applicants.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Aga Khan University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.