Aga Khan University (AKU) was founded in 1983 and is a private non-profit higher education institution in Pakistan. AKU is a unique hybrid: it is an institution of academic excellence, an agent of social development. The institution is a leading source of medical, nursing and pedagogical services, research and public service in developing countries. The university is part of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
The university offers undergraduate programs in the following areas:
The university offers master's programs in the following areas:
AKU provides students with the opportunity to live in a dormitory.
AKU is located in the administrative center of Sindh province, in the port city of Karachi in southern Pakistan. The material and technical base of the university includes:
Medical research laboratory equipped with:
To enter the university you need:
Depending on the program, additional requirements may be made to applicants.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.