Kyrgyz National University named after Zhusup Balasagyn (Kyrgyz National University, KNU) was founded in 1925 and is the highest state educational institution of Kyrgyzstan. The university is among the top 5 best universities in the country, occupying the 3rd position in the ranking.
KNU undergraduate programs are implemented at 19 faculties, covering the natural sciences and the humanities:
The master's curriculum allows you to expand the knowledge gained during training in undergraduate studies and is aimed at developing professional skills in the selected field.
Postgraduate programs are intended for applicants who wish to improve their professional competencies, and allow the training of qualified scientific specialists.
Doctoral study programs are intended for candidates of science who wish to engage in more research activities and possess scientific achievements in the relevant field. At the end of the program, a diploma is issued, and after defending a dissertation, a doctorate is awarded.
The university provides its students with a hostel. To check in, you must provide:
The university is located in the capital of Kyrgyzstan - Bishkek. The material and technical base of the university includes its own library and sports facilities.
To enter the university you must provide:
Additional documents (certificates of death of parents, conclusion of medical and social examination, diplomas of olympiads, etc.) can be provided by an applicant if he applies for benefits established by the legislation of Kyrgyzstan.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.