Osh State University
Description of Osh State University
- Established: 1951
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Osh, Kyrgyzstan
- Language of instruction: Russian, Kyrgyz, English.
Osh State University (OSU) was founded in 1951 and is the highest state educational institution in Kyrgyzstan. The University conducts educational activities based on modern educational technologies and demonstrates a high reputation in the space of the Central Asian region.
Modern educational information technologies are integrated into the OSU educational process, which made it possible to achieve complete automation of the educational process and electronic control.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Osh State University
Accommodation, meals, prices
The educational institution provides the opportunity to live in a hostel.
Activities Osh State University
The educational institution offers a wide selection of student events:
- Theme nights
- Sport competitions.
To implement the creative and social activity of students at OSU, there are:
- Choreographic groups
- Vocal and instrumental ensembles
- theatre studio
- Sports sections and clubs
- Creative associations and interest clubs.
- The University is in the top 10 best universities in the country, occupying the 6th position in the ranking
- OSU offers international exchange programs and international internships.
Facilities and equipment at Osh State University
The university is located in the largest city in the south of Kyrgyzstan - Osh. OSU logistics includes:
- Lecture halls
- Equipped classrooms
- Computer classes
- Center for Independent Testing and Remote Technology
- The library
- Sports infrastructure
- Student Creativity Center
- Critical Thinking Labs; biochemistry; theories and methods of teaching physics; X-ray spectral and X-ray diffraction analysis, etc.
The university has the following equipment at its disposal:
- Spectrophotometers SF-4A, SF-4
- X-ray spectrometer monochromator RSM-500
- Devices for measuring the effect of Hall and thermo-EMF
- A meter of diffusion length of the conductivity type for determining the current-voltage characteristics of diodes and transistors, capacitance-voltage characteristics of NDP and other structures.
Admission dates and extra charges
OSU has a two-semester school year.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you need:
- Education Documents
- Republican Testing Certificate (ORT) / Entrance Exams
- Identity document
- Military ID or registration certificate
- 3x4 photos (6 pcs.).
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Osh State University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.