Kharkov National University VN Karazin or Kharkiv National University VN Karazina (KhNU) is a state university located in the city of Kharkov (Ukraine). The initiator of the creation of KhNU in 1804 was the famous enlightener VN Karazin. This is one of the oldest universities in Eastern Europe, which has its own traditions and achievements. Among graduates and teachers of the university are three Nobel Prize winners: Ilya Mechnikov (biology), Lev Landau (physics), Semyon Kuznets (economics).
In size, KhNU is considered a secondary educational institution. It has about 15,000 students. Over 25% of the student team are foreigners. The academic staff is represented by two thousand teachers. The academic year at the university is divided into semesters, which is typical of most institutions of higher education.
In accordance with the rating, Kharkov National University VN Karazin is now ranked second among educational institutions in Ukraine and 563 positions in the international ranking of universities. By the quality of teaching, Karazin University is at 123 levels, confidently entering five percent of the best educational institutions in the world. The university is a member of the European University Association (EUA).
In KhNU there is the possibility of distance, stationary and correspondence education at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral studies.
Students can choose to study in the following faculties:
Specify information on the training program on the official site of an educational institution.
Educational buildings are located in the city. Students have the opportunity to stay in one of the university hostels. If desired, the student can rent housing in the city. Students have at their disposal an extensive library, classrooms, laboratories, sports fields and halls.
Student life and university news are actively covered in social networks and on the website of the university. An Internet radio created by students works at the school, reporting all news, event announcements and current information important for students and uniting the university into a single information space.
Since its foundation, KhNU has been active in scientific and research activities in close cooperation with relevant research institutes. Interdepartmental and inter-faculty research groups funded by international grants are being created.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.