Karadeniz Technical University (KTU)
Description of Karadeniz Technical University (KTU)
Karadeniz Technical University (KTU for short) is an educational institution of the state type that has been actively involved in scientific and academic activities since 1955. University has its own small campus in Trabzon.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Karadeniz Technical University (KTU)
Facilities and equipment at Karadeniz Technical University (KTU)
This is a fairly large-scale educational institution, where about 44,000 people study every year. The academic staff of the university is about 2000 teachers of the highest category. The university participates in student and academic exchange programs between universities throughout the world.
As part of the education, students can enjoy the benefits of a huge library, live in a comfortable hostel and play sports in modern university sports facilities.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Students are admitted by a special admission committee, which decision is based on the results of the exams previously passed by all applicants. It is noteworthy that both locals and foreign students always apply for the same places at the university. Only one applicant out of five students is approved. Both locals and foreign students can get here for studying.
Cost of education
Each academic year at the university is divided into two classical semesters. Each student can apply for a university scholarship, but for this it is necessary to constantly demonstrate excellent learning outcomes.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Karadeniz Technical University (KTU)
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.