Description of Alanya University
- Founded: 2014,
- Location: Alanya, Turkey,
- Language of instruction: Turkish, English.
Alanya University has been operating under its current name since the beginning of 2023, but the history of the educational institution began much earlier and is closely connected with the educational foundation of Hamdullah Emin Pasha and his wife. The Foundation, founded in 1932, has been actively active since 1968: it provides scholarships, develops university equipment, builds libraries and residences, sports grounds. Since 2009, Hamdullah Emin Pasha Alanya University has been opened, which in 2023 became Alanya University.
Today, the university is part of the Golden Gateway company, which focuses on the development of technology, improving the level of service and optimizing labor resources.
Alanya University strives to operate as a modern, innovative university – both in Turkey and around the world, to use creative and student-centered educational approaches. At the same time, it is important to bring public benefit, keep up with the times and the latest technologies, and not lose sight of innovations. The university provides services that help students develop in different directions, especially in tourism, agriculture and natural resource management. An important feature of the university's policy is its focus on international cooperation: this is necessary both to increase the prestige and to expand the capabilities of students, teachers and scientists.
Turkey is a member of the Bologna Process, so Alanya University uses the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). This expands the opportunities for students: they will be able to study at any "Bologna" university in the future, it is just as easy to transfer to Turkey from other countries, it is easier to find work in other European countries.
Alanya University supports the ESC (European Solidarity Corps) and supports its voluntary youth projects and programs (18-30 years old). It helps to build an inclusive, happier society, solve important social problems, help others, learn and develop, and be inspired by new goals.
For students who need language support, there is an English Language Preparatory Program.
Faculties and colleges
The university is divided into the following faculties:
- Economics and Administration,
- Arts & Design,
- Health Sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Alanya University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Rent an apartment
The campus of the university is located in the city center, so it will not be difficult to find an apartment or house nearby. On average, for an apartment for 2-3-4 people, you will need from 150-200 euros per month (usually included furniture, water bills, heating, electricity).
They are often of different sexes: separately for boys, separately for girls. Perfectly furnished, provide bedding and laundry services, excellent inexpensive dining rooms (as a rule, meals in residences are not included in the price). There are spacious common kitchens, living rooms and common areas for relaxation and communication with TV and upholstered furniture, rooms for self-study and study, laundry and ironing, games. Of course, all residences have hot water and heating.
Activities Alanya University
In their free time, students can become members of a variety of student clubs of interest. All clubs and communities are managed directly by students: they organize meetings and events, walks, thematic excursions, develop a sense of elbow and leadership qualities
Today Alanya University is:
- More than 110 people of staff – teachers and administrative,
- 264+ graduates,
- 551 students in undergraduate programs,
- 92 foreign students: 17% of the total number of students, representatives of 26 countries,
- Well-established Erasmus+ program: 84 cooperation agreements, more than 70 students in the last 3 years, 46 partner countries,
- Scholarships for students,
- Programs 100% in English,
- The current European system of educational credits ECTS,
- Admission even without YÖS,
- Extended (comprehensive) health insurance for all students (in the future it can be used to obtain a residence permit in Turkey, makes it possible to serve in private partner hospitals: outpatient and inpatient treatment, check-ups and dentistry, additional procedures).
Facilities and equipment at Alanya University
The university is located in Alanya, a famous resort city on the Mediterranean coast (Antalya province). It has a pleasant climate, warm and rainy winters, sunny and hot summers, which makes it possible to play sports and relax in nature all year round. Up to 3,000,000 tourists come to Alanya every year! This gives excellent opportunities for communication, making useful connections, career opportunities.
On the campus of Alanya University, everything necessary has been prepared for students - not only for study, but also for sports, recreation, all-round development - for example, a large indoor gym with an area of 800 sq. m. In agreement with the administration of Alanya, Alanya University students can also use city sports facilities, for example:
- Atatürk Grand Sports Hall,
- Olympic-style indoor swimming pool,
- Gym 75. Yıl Sports Hall,
- Damlataş and Zimbitlik tennis courts,
- National Sovereignty Stadium.
In the vicinity of the university there are any city advantages and services:
- Centers of culture and art,
- Shopping malls,
- Sports centers,
- Cafes, restaurants, bars,
- Bank branches,
- Hairdressers and beauty salons,
- Markets and grocery stores.
From the campus it is easy to get to the city center, to the beach, historical districts, outside of Alanya - public transport is well developed here, it is inexpensive, and students are also given a pleasant discount.
Admission dates and extra charges
All documents submitted by the applicant must be translated into English or Turkish, if originals are submitted, they should be accompanied by a certified copy in Turkish (certification must be carried out by a notary or Turkish representation).
If the applicant does not have a valid residence permit, he will need a student visa to study (the university sends a letter of acceptance, which will serve as the basis for such a visa).
- High school diploma/certificate,
- Certificate of equivalence (can be obtained from Turkish consulates or the Provincial Directorate of National Education),
- Certified transcript from high school,
- Original passport with certified translation,
- Certificate of passing the exam, certificates Abitur, IB, GCSE, Tawjihi, etc.,
- If there are exam results for high school students (SAT, YÖS and analogues),
- English Language Proficiency Exam Certificate: TOEFL, FCE, CAE, Pearson's PTE, CPE,
- Medical insurance,
- Receipt of payment for the course,
- 4 fresh photos 4.5x6 cm,
- Confirmation of financial solvency (willingness to pay for at least 1 year of study on the selected program).
If a student plans to study in a Turkish-language program, his level must be at least TÖMER C1. Other language level requirements:
- CAE = from C,
- Pearson PTE = from 55,
- TOEFL iBT = from 72,
- YDS-ÜDS-KPDS = from 60.
The enrollment process begins with filling out an online application. Applications are considered on a first-come, first-served basis, so you should take care of the process as early as possible. In case of a positive decision, the university administration sends an invitation to study, which serves as the basis for obtaining a student visa.
The university offers its students internships and part-time employment during their studies, so that students can gain valuable experience and useful connections. Close cooperation with various companies and institutions gives everyone the opportunity to find a suitable place for themselves:
- Golden Gateway,
- EMAA Insurance,
- Interfood Services and others.
Scholarships Alanya University
The university offers lucrative discounts that change depending on the date of application: the earlier you apply, the greater the discount can be.
- 1st stage: February-March = 45%,
- 2nd stage: April-May = 35%,
- 3rd stage: June-July = 30%,
- 4th stage: August = 25%.
Stage 5 is the beginning of September: applications from students are still being accepted, but discounts for early submission are no longer provided.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Alanya University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.