Founders Private School – Dubai
Description of Founders Private School – Dubai
- Year of foundation: 2016;
- Location: Dubai, UAE;
- Age of students: 3–18;
- Number of students: 500+;
- Language of instruction: English;
- Type: day attendance school.
It was opened in September 2016, a year later the 9th grade opened, and in 2018 the educational institution was replenished with 10 and 12 classes, which made it possible to open the IGCSE and A-Level programs. Since 2019 – a universal school for children from 3 to 18 years old.
In grades 10–13, internationally recognised IGCSE and A-Level qualifications are offered here (through the international examination boards of Pearsons and Oxford AQA).
The school follows the National English Curriculum and aims to prepare pupils for a British-style education. In addition, Founders School – Dubai is accredited by:
- The International Sports Association DASSA Sport, which allows students to participate in competitions of national and local Dubai level;
- Association "Sports Leaders of Great Britain", which allows students to become healthy, athletic and satisfy their own leadership ambitions through physical education and sports;
- The UK Mathematics Trust;
- Pearson World Class Qualifications, which allows you to take exams International GCSE (IG), GCSE, International Advanced level (IAL), GCE A-level;
- AQA and Oxford AQA.
Faculties and colleges
The school has a system of Houses adopted in British schools - there are four of them:
- Earth frogs;
- Fire Phoenixes;
- Water wolves;
- Air dragons.
Without exception, all students become members of one of the Houses upon admission. Such a system supports the competitive spirit, contributes to the development of leadership qualities of students in grades 5-13.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Founders Private School – Dubai
Accommodation, meals, prices
Founders School – Dubai is located in Al Barsha, a quiet residential area away from the hustle and bustle of port and business districts. Among Europeans, the area is known largely due to the Mall of the Emirates shopping complex.
Here is the ski park "Ski Dubai", a zoo unique for the local conditions, inhabited by penguins, a quiet and cozy park "Al Barsha", decorated with a pond, where picnics are often arranged. Within a few minutes on foot you can also find the park "Garden of Miracles", working from October to April and serving as home to hundreds of thousands of butterflies and rare flowers.
Activities Founders Private School – Dubai
The school organizes activities for students from FS2 to Y13, allowing each student to develop skills and realize personal interests through extracurricular activities:
- charity events,
- subject weeks,
- lectures with invited speakers,
- debate competitions,
- spelling contests,
- oratory competitions,
- recitation competitions,
- World Mathematics Day,
- book presentations,
- foreign trips,
Along with social and academic activities, great importance is attached to sports. Students can find themselves within the framework of:
- sports days,
Among other extracurricular activities are the Model UN, various models of leadership courses, photography, theater and filmmaking, yoga, rock climbing, with the participation of attracted external teachers and coaches - ballet, hip-hop, robotic circle.
- Modern curricula based on the national British curriculum and adapted to the specific requirements of the Middle East;
- Rich and diverse extracurricular and elective component;
- High-class equipment and specialists;
- One of the best schools with GCSE and A-level in the Middle East region.
Facilities and equipment at Founders Private School – Dubai
Among the objects designed to provide students with the opportunity to grow and discover new things:
- State-of-the-art classrooms equipped with high-speed Internet connection;
- 13 laboratories of various profiles;
- Multifunctional hall that accommodates all students;
- Art laboratories for drawing, painting, sculpture;
- Recording studio and rooms for classes of musical groups;
- Laboratory of Food Technologies and Design and Technological Complex;
- Concert hall, designed for 300 seats and provided with modern studio and stage equipment;
- Library for younger and older students, offering extensive and diverse literature for children of all ages;
- 2 medical centers;
- A bookstore where you can buy textbooks and stationery;
A modern and spacious dining room offers a balanced menu for every taste, able to meet the needs of everyone.
The sports infrastructure is also very saturated, because the school adheres to the idea of the need for comprehensive and harmonious development:
- 2 full-size football fields;
- 5 shaded courts that meet MUGA standards;
- Air-conditioned sports multi-purpose hall;
- Theater and fitness studios;
- Indoor playgrounds for outdoor games;
- Cricket net and mini football field on the roof.
Admission dates and extra charges
Tuition fees are paid before the beginning of the academic year, at the beginning of the semester. Invoices are issued from the moment of crediting.
A one-time payment of AED 525 is made when applying; it can be returned if the school is unable to offer the student a place within 2 years. The payment is non-refundable in any other situation.
A registration deposit of 10% of the annual fee is charged upon acceptance of the enrolment offer. The deposit cannot be transferred and is not refundable.
Payment can be made:
- Credit card;
- Online payment;
- By bank transfer.
- Fill in the online application and registration form. After sending the application, the applicant will receive a reference number and instructions for further actions;
- After submitting the application, parents must pay a registration fee of AED 525, this can be done online or during a personal visit to the school. The registration fee does not guarantee a place in the school, full processing of the application will occur only after receipt of payment for tuition and documents in full;
- Parents must then send all necessary documents online (documents sent by e-mail are not considered);
- At the next stage, the admission committee will consider the documents, after which the child may be invited to an interview or entrance exams in the form of a test or interview. The invitation can be sent by e-mail or telephone, the same communication channels are used to notify about the results of the review;
- In case of success, the applicant will receive a letter with an offer of enrollment or a notification of inclusion in the waiting list.
80% of students enrolled in IGCSE Mathematics received 9 points (equivalent to A*). In AS English Literature, 100% of applicants received a grade of A or B.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
The Founding School is inclusive, and therefore open to all students who meet the basic requirements of the British National School Curriculum, demonstrating a sufficient level of proficiency in English and mathematics. The queue for admission can reach up to two years.
Enrollment does not depend on the availability of medical diagnoses, although they must be reported to the admissions committee in a timely manner: this will allow you to adequately assess the needs and correlate them with the available resources.
When enrolling, you must provide a number of documents:
- Copies of the passport of the child, father and mother;
- A copy of the child's birth certificate (with a certified translation into English or Arabic);
- Fresh passport-size colour photographs;
- Copies of the last two statements from the report card;
- Report on the medical condition of the child, made no later than six months ago;
- A copy of the vaccination card;
- IDENTITY card of the UAE sample;
- Letter of recommendation from the director of the school where the child studied earlier;
- For transferable students – equivalence certificate.
Scholarships Founders Private School – Dubai
iFlourish Scholarships are awarded to students in grades 10, 11, 12, and 13 in recognition of outstanding achievement in one of five categories:
- Academic achievements;
- Outstanding contribution to the school community and special services to the school;
- Arabic Language and Literature;
- Civic values and dignity.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
- Guardianship services during the studies
- Student supervision
Review about Founders Private School – Dubai
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.