Medipol University Istanbul
Description of Medipol University Istanbul
- Location: Istanbul, Turkey,
- Established: 2009,
- Number of students: more than 38,000,
- Language of instruction: English, Turkish,
- Type: mixed.
Medipol University Istanbul (IMU)is a private institution of higher education, a research center.
The university, founded in 2009, has quickly built a competitive reputation among universities not only in Turkey but also in the world. The strong research basis of the institution served as a starting point for the development of many of its aspects: a modern approach to new specialists, international student exchange, bilingual teaching, and technological equipment of the campus. Now the institution is regularly in the rankings of the 500-1000 best universities in the world and accepts over 38,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students in educational areas.
The campus infrastructure of MedipolUniversityIstanbul provides students with the opportunity to gain not only high-quality knowledge in their chosen direction, but also practical skills that will help them start their careers immediately after graduation.
Students can use the MEBIS information system - a platform on which registration for courses takes place, access to exams opens and each student's personal account is located, containing learning progress, program payment periods, grades, courses taken.
Faculties and colleges
The institution has several faculties in the following areas:
- Fine Arts, Design and Architecture,
- Education, pedagogy,
- Business & Management,
- Humanities and Social Sciences,
- Engineering, Natural Sciences,
- Medical Sciences,
- International Faculty of Medicine.
IMU also includes higher schools:
- Forensic Medicine,
- Engineering and Natural Sciences,
- Medical Sciences,
- Social Sciences.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Medipol University Istanbul
Accommodation, meals, prices
Students are accommodated in women's and men's dormitories on the Kavacık campus, with a maximum capacity of 1850 girls and 570 boys. From year to year, the capacity of residential complexes increases slightly, and in the next 10 years, the university wants to significantly increase the number of dormitories for more comfortable education for all pupils.
Residential buildings offer triple and quadruple rooms for girls and single, triple rooms for men. Students use shared bathrooms and toilets, living rooms, and recreation areas.
The accommodation fee includes housekeeping, WiFi, medical care and common household items: toilet paper, liquid soap and others.
Common rooms will cost $ 708-786, and single rooms in a men's residence - $ 1663 per month.
Catering services at the university are provided by a catering company that supplies fresh and healthy food to campuses. Students can choose dishes from a pre-made menu or purchase a package of three meals a day for a month: breakfasts, lunches and dinners in the dining room are ideal for residents. There are also cafes and buffers in the study areas, which serve Turkish and international cuisines, drinks and pastries.
The cost of one meal starts at $ 0.90.
Activities Medipol University Istanbul
IMUhas 108 student clubs in the following areas: creativity, sports, charity, science, technology and many others. Clubs hold various events both with their members and for all students of the university. Some of the most common extracurricular activities are conferences, exhibitions, sightseeing tours, concerts and sports competitions.
The university is seriously developing team sports, while dividing students into women's and men's teams. On campus, they taking classes in such areas as:
- Five-a-side football,
- Table tennis
- Cooperation with more than 85 universities from all over the world: Romania, Portugal, Poland, Holland, Greece, Italy, Latvia and others,
- More than 5000 foreign students from 22 countries,
- Three campuses in Istanbul,
- About 1300 qualified subject teachers,
- A complex of hospitals in which students of medical programs undergo practical education,
- Separation of men and women.
Facilities and equipment at Medipol University Istanbul
IMU is located in three large-scale territories in Istanbul.
Kavacık North Campus Facilities:
- Administrative building of the rectorate,
- Language School,
- Vocational schools,
- Sports Center,
- Specialized laboratories,
- Medical Center,
- Remer Research Center.
On the southern campus of Kavacık there are:
- Most schools-faculties: medicine, dentistry, law, humanities and social sciences, law, business and others,
- Conference halls,
- State-of-the-art lecture halls,
- Specialized laboratories,
- Cultural and artistic premises: assembly halls, studios of creativity,
- Shopping center with hairdresser, cafes and restaurants,
- Research Center.
Both study areas Kavacıkhas an excellent location in the city, beautiful natural views, easily accessible public transportation stops, and many leisure places where you can spend time in a fun and useful way.
The third campusof the institution, Haliç, is located on a peninsula, in one of the oldest parts of Istanbul. Here are located:
- College of Health Sciences,
- Vocational schools,
- Art studios of cinema, theater, music and other areas,
- Conference halls, where international meetings are most often held,
- Classrooms and laboratories,
The university-owned Medipol Mega Hospital Complex is the largest private medical investment in Turkey and serves as not only a place for the practice of educated medical professionals, but also a city center with several departments for the treatment of patients.
Students from the departments of dentistry, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, nursing, and other specializations of both undergraduate and postgraduate studies are educated at this hospital.
The laboratories of the Research Centers of the institution make it possible to practice on an area of 1000 sq.m. They are equipped with a high-tech and accreditation infrastructure in accordance with the needs of multidisciplinary research and development in the field of medicine.
IMU provides its students with buses that run between campuses and hospitals on school days.
Admission dates and extra charges
The academic year lasts from September to mid-June, it has two semesters: autumn and spring, between them verification exams are organized. Students rest on Saturdays and Sundays, as well as on national and international holidays and in the summer - from July to the end of August.
An approximate list of additional costs:
- Accommodation in a residence - from $ 708 per month,
- Meals - from $ 0.90 per serving,
- Laundry: washing and drying clothes - $ 0.26,
- Gym membership - $ 3.62 per month,
- Transport - $ 0.052-0.26 per day,
- Personal expenses.
The educational institution does not accept documents by mail or fax, so it is possible to complete admission remotely only half - documents should be delivered to the campus independently or through a proxy.
- Filling out the registration form,
- Obtaining an invitation to campus to accept documents,
- Passing entrance examinations,
- Obtaining a long-term visa at the consulate and applying for dormitory accommodation,
- The beginning of education .
Graduates of the programs receive a competitive diploma, providing them with the opportunity to continue their education in Turkey or other countries. According to statistics, students who have completed their studies at IMU find a job or enter the subsequent academic stage within six months.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
Prospective students coming from other countries must provide:
- Personal documents: passport, health insurance and vaccination card, visa or residence permit for a long stay in Turkey,
- High school diploma translated into English or Turkish,
- Extract from the Turkish embassy or consulate in the country of residence,
- TOEFL English Proficiency Certificate (scores vary depending on the program, but a conversational level is required),
- OR TOMER or IMU Turkish Proficiency Exam certificate (conversational level required),
- 4 passport-size photographs,
- Individual achievements in the candidate's chosen specialty.
Scholarships Medipol University Istanbul
The university provides students who are particularly active in learning and extracurricular life with scholarships of up to 50%, which cover the cost of tuition or accommodation. The main requirement for scholarship applicants is competitive success in academic performance.
Some of the awards are:
- National Athletic Scholarship,
- Athlete Team Scholarship,
- Award for personal achievements in sports,
- Financial assistance in unforeseen situations,
- Academic Success Scholarship,
- Scholarships for family members enrolled in IMU.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Medipol University Istanbul
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.