The International School of Medicine (ISM) was established in 2003 as a structural unit of the International University of Kyrgyzstan (IUK). The main one for creating ISM was the strategy of reforming the educational system of Kyrgyzstan and increasing the competitiveness of domestic universities, as a result of which the main focus of the administration and the teaching staff of the educational institution was aimed at creating a modern, dynamic university that can provide high quality training and has competitive potential in the medical education.
The cost of training is established annually and is indicated in each case in an agreement with a student or with an official representative.
Postgraduate medical education programs (PGME, residency) are conducted in hospitals or other healthcare facilities. ISM teaches doctors a wide range of medical knowledge, basic clinical skills and supervised experience, practicing medicine in various fields, while medical residency provides in-depth training within a specific branch of medicine.
The program was introduced in Kyrgyzstan with the technical support of experts from the World Health Organization and is among the best in the country. It includes integrated modules based on a system of credit hours.
The first year of study is devoted to a common understanding of biological, chemical and physical sciences, which are mandatory for medical practice. From the second year, the focus gradually narrows, directing research towards biomedical sciences, the most relevant for practicing physicians. Starting from the third year, training takes place exclusively in the clinical conditions of modern university facilities, including hospitals, and involves working with patients admitted for treatment.
Graduates are awarded the degree of Doctor of Medical Sciences with the assignment of a professional qualification of General Medicine.
ISM PhD programs are aimed at advanced scientific training in the following areas:
Pre-medical courses ISM are designed to develop the potential of applicants.
The classic program includes four courses:
After completing the courses, students receive certificates and are enrolled in the 1st year of the General Medicine program at ISM.
The main ISM campus is located in the capital of Kyrgyzstan - Bishkek. The material and technical base of the university includes:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.