Indonesia University of Education (UPI), formerly a teacher training college, is now a universal higher institution that offers to study pedagogical sciences, religion, humanities and social, applied sciences and other various fields.
In 2020, UPI entered the TOP-300 universities in subjects of education based on the QS World University Rankings.
Dormitories located on the main campus and all regional campuses are PGSD Cibiru, Purwakarta, Tasikmalaya and Serang.
There are different types of student associations at UPI. Student Activities Units (UKM) that coordinate student extracurricular activities:
UPI has a well-known art group KABUMI, which involves students, faculty, staff and alumni. The band has performed on many international tours – England, France, Germany, Belgium, Malaysia, South Africa and the United States.
The university is equipped with 123 classrooms available from 7:00 to 18:00. It also has 70 lab rooms located at eight faculties and 5 regional campuses.
UPI has a library with a collection of about 143,836 copies. The library is open on weekdays from 8:00 to 17:00.
The language center, equipped with modern equipment to support the study of foreign languages (English, Japanese, Korean, Arabic, French, German) is open to students, teachers and administrative staff. The Language Center also provides Indonesian language teaching to international students studying at UPI.
The Counseling and Guidance Center provides counseling services to students experiencing learning difficulties, as well as to those who want to find out their talents and interests.
For events, UPI has areas for indoor and outdoor theatrical performances, creative exhibitions.
Financial support for students:
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.