- Tier 1 Investor - UK Visa
- Business visas to England
- Tier 2 General visa in the UK
- UK Tier 4 Student Visa
- UK family visas
- Other options to legally move to Britain
Immigration to the UK is not an easy undertaking, but many are desired. In recent years, the rules for entering the country have become more complicated: they canceled 2-year work visas for graduates of British universities, wealthy pensioners, and highly qualified specialists.
Tier 1 Investor - UK Visa
Investor visa (Entrepreneur) - the easiest way to move to England, because the government of the country seeks to attract funds to the economy of the state. To obtain an investor visa, you do not need English proficiency + a joint move for a family is possible. The country's authorities carefully check the sources of funding, the legality of the receipt of income.
The timing of obtaining permanent residence in the UK varies from the amount invested:
- £ 2 million - permanent residence after 5 years.
- 5 million £ - permanent residence in 3 years
- £ 10 million - permanent residence in 2 years
It will be possible to return the investment after obtaining permanent residence, and in a year - to apply for British citizenship (no earlier than 5 years after the first entry on the Investor Visa).
Business visas to England
The UK offers 3 types of business visas.
English visa Start-up
English Start-up visa for start-up entrepreneurs who want to start their own business in the UK.
- The amount of required investments is not regulated.
- The visa allows you to move with your family.
- It is allowed to work outside your own company to support the business.
- For startups, preferential treatment is provided by the banking and tax authorities.
Obtaining a Start-up visa does not lead to obtaining British permanent residence and citizenship, but later, after 2 years, you can get a Novator visa for more experienced entrepreneurs.
Innovator UK visa
- Starting a business - at least £ 50,000.
- Innovator visa is valid for 3 years and makes it possible to transport a family.
- A businessman can only do his own business.
- After 3 years, if the business is successful, entrepreneurs apply for permanent residence in the United Kingdom.
Overseas Business visa
The Sole Representative visa is intended for employees of a company planning to open a subsidiary of a foreign firm in England.
- Business plan
- Participants do not make personal investments, expenses are covered by the main company
- Knowledge of English from A1
- Moving with the family
- The ability to work only in your own company.
The visa is valid for 3 years, the possibility of extension - for 2 years, obtaining permanent residence - 5 years after the first entry into the country on a visa.
Tier 2 General visa in the UK
- A Tier 2 UK work visa allows you to start working from day one.
- It is necessary to obtain an invitation to work from a British company, which must have a special sponsorship license and quotas for the use of foreign labor. The employer confirms that there are no applicants for this position among the local residents.
- Does not require financial investments - only the amount in the account, which allows you to support yourself and your family.
- Obtaining permanent residence in England is possible after 5 years, British citizenship - after receiving permanent residence.
- Knowledge of English at a conversational level (B1 and higher).
- The minimum wage is £ 30,000 / year.
- For 5 years, the applicant must work for the company that invited him to the country. You will be able to change jobs if the new employer is ready to issue immigration documents. In this case, a work visa to the UK is reopened.
UK Tier 4 Student Visa
Holders of a student visa can earn extra money 10-20 hours / week, get a full day job during the holidays. Tier 4 Student is given to students and opens up scope for finding work and organizing legal residence in the country. The advantages of an applicant with this visa are an English diploma, knowledge of the language, knowledge of the rules of local life. After the expiration of the student visa, it is easier to obtain a Tier 2 work visa, the employer issues a sponsorship certificate using a simplified scheme.
- Requirements for knowledge of the language - B1 or B2, confirmed by the IELTS certificate
- This visa will require financial costs - payment of education, food and accommodation costs, personal expenses
- University graduates are looking for work on their own
- After the expiration of the period of study at the university, students who have not found work will have to leave the country.
Students who have drawn up a business plan and found investors for their project can apply for a Start-up visa: this will give 2 years to organize their own business and find a job.
UK family visas
Types of UK family visas:
- A bride visa to the UK is issued for six months for marriage. Then the applicant leaves England or applies for another visa.
- A wife's visa allows you to work, study, do business. Obtaining permanent residence in Great Britain - after 5 years, the beginning of obtaining citizenship - a year later.
Family Visa Requirements:
- Knowledge of English - from A1, with a second call - A2.
- Husband / wife living in the UK must have an annual income of at least £ 18,600. If children are traveling with you, then the amount, of course, should be higher.
Other options to legally move to Britain
There is a possibility of registration of entry for refugees, descendants of British citizens, priests, athletes, "exceptional talents", but these are isolated cases.
Permanent residence in the UK can be obtained by people who have lived in the country for 10 years on various types of visas, including student visas. One year after receiving permanent residence, you can apply for citizenship.