For many people, a trip to America begins with a visa application. One of the requirements is the payment of the consular visa fee.
You can pay the consular fee online by credit or debit card. The card should not be drawn up specifically for you, the currency does not matter. During the payment of the consular fee you will need to enter your date of birth: enter it carefully, because later it will be used for your visa (you cannot use it to pay for a visa for another person).
Step-by-step instructions for paying the consular fee to America:
- First you need to go to the embassy website.
The first thing you need to do is choose the country where the interview will be held. Usually this is the country of residence (for example, Europe - France).
- After that, select the “Bank and payment options” section in the menu on the left side of the screen.
- Next you need to select "Credit Card". Using the link that appears, you can pay the fee online: By clicking here to proceed with a credit card payment, the cardholder acknowledges that this is a non-refundable visa application processing fee.
- You will see a warning that the consular fee is not refundable. Click "I accept" to confirm.
- In the window that opens, indicate the date of birth of the person applying for the visa (day-month-year), the name and surname of the payer (the one whose card is used for payment), his email address and phone number. In the column “I have read and agree with the terms an conditions”, check the box.
- Under the inscription “Fee amount” you will see the cost of all non-immigrant visas (tourism, study and others). Press the NEXT button.
- A window with all the entered data will appear on the screen: check that everything is correct, and click "Confirm".
- After entering your credit card information, click "Approve".
- When the payment passes (you may need a code from the bank, which should come to the cardholder’s phone number), a payment receipt with a number will appear. Be sure to save it: you will need the number indicated on it when registering at the embassy. Without it, recording is impossible! The receipt will come to the email address you indicated at the beginning, it can be printed immediately.
Done! Good luck getting your visa!