One of the largest and most ambitious universities in Asia is Hong Kong Polytechnic University. Its existence as a higher education institution dates back to 1994, but as a trading school - it was founded back in 1937 in the city of Hong Kong. At the moment, it is gaining momentum in its development.
For admission to the University of Hong Kong, you must first present a certificate in English or an existing diploma. Further, the responsible person of the admissions committee conducts a personal interview with each entrant. Such a conversation is very important, since the applicant can substantially increase his chances of enrolling in the presence of a list with low balls of the certificate. During the interview questions are asked about the chosen specialty and profile subject.
Foreign students are trained exclusively in English. Local citizens can study in Chinese (after passing the language exam).
The academic year begins in September and is divided into two semesters. The cost of training per year is 15,585 USD. Foreigners are offered a comfortable hostel costing 1,197-2,129 USD / month. If you rent an apartment in Hong Kong, then the price of accommodation will be several times higher. To its students the university offers various scholarship programs. When winning a victory in competitions and olympiads financial grants are provided. The total number of students is about 22,000.
The main building is built in a futuristic style. The beautiful view of the alleys, buildings and nature create an unforgettable impression.
The university is equipped with the largest library, which contains various collections of books from all directions.
There are also sports clubs, a bank, bookstores, a hostel, catering facilities and other buildings on the territory.
Bachelor's program at the university is represented by the following main areas:
|Cost of living|| $ 1,197-2,129 USD / month. |
When choosing a higher education institution, it is important for applicants to study in detail all the advantages and disadvantages. Concerning the Hong Kong University, the following advantages can be distinguished:
Having graduated from university, graduates have a high demand in the market of employers, including well-known world companies. This opens up good prospects for building career growth.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.