Baptist University of Hong Kong is the oldest educational institution in China, founded by the Baptist union in 1956. The institution received university status in 1994. Today, the university includes 8 faculties, offering a wide range of bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs. The educational system of the university is built according to the American model of "Liberal Arts", within which students independently choose disciplines according to their interests, stopping at one specialization only for 2-3 years of study. The Liberal Arts system is recognized as highly effective in encouraging students to engage in meaningful learning. Teaching is based on the principles of Christian ethics.
The university is in the top of the best universities in Asia, has excellent indicators and programs in English and Chinese - all this attracts students not only from Asia, but also from Europe. The university works closely with partner higher education institutions and includes a semester of study abroad in the programs.
Four residences are located on campus:
The cost of living will be from $ 10,800 HK to $ 15,000 HK for 9 months.
The university is located in Hong Kong - in the world financial center with an excellent location for international students who receive in Hong Kong not only ample opportunities for cultural and entertainment infrastructure, but also career prospects. The city has a huge number of international companies constantly looking for talented students.
Required documents, depending on the type of institution:
|camp / language school |
|private school, boardinghouse|
Tuition grants offer a 20% -50% discount on a full course of study, but only students with extremely high academic performance can apply.
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.