Description of Chongqing University
- Location: Chongqing, China
- Year of foundation: 1929
- Language of instruction: Chinese, English
- Number of students: about 50 000
- Type of training: mixed.
Chongqing University(CQU)is a key national university in China under the Ministry of Education.CQU is one of the Double FirstClassA universities,a participant of the "211" and "985" projects.
Founded in 1929, Chongqing University has experienced many ups and downs. After surviving the war with Japan, in 1942CQUbecame a national comprehensive university based on six colleges. Currently, there are 28 schools, graduate schools, three colleges.
Among the programs are:
- 166 undergraduate areas
- 108 master's programs
- 65 doctoral specializations
- 19 professional courses.
Chongqing University adheres to the international development strategy and cooperates with 115 well-known universities in more than 20 countries, including the UNITED States, Great Britain, Germany and Russia, and also works with the PARC Research Center in the UNITED States, Rockwell, Microsoft, Liberty Group, Siemens from Germany and the Tokyo Foundation of Japan.
Every year, 50,000 students study here, of which 30,000 are bachelors. Disciplines are taught by a composition of highly qualified specialists from 5400 people, 3 of whom are members of the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
- Arts and humanities
- Social sciences
- Sciences (mathematics, physics, chemistry)
- Artificial environment
- Information sciences, technologies
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Chongqing University
Accommodation, meals, prices
Chongqing University provides accommodation for students according to campuses.
Lanyuan Building No. 6 on the Houthi Campus: All international undergraduate students (except students from the School of Architecture and Urban Planning, Meishi Film School).
For other students, rooms are available in the following dormitories:
International apartment Songlinpo (price per year):
- Single rooms – 8500 yuan
- Double rooms – 4750 yuan.
Xuelin International Student Residence on Campus A:
- Single rooms – 10 000 yuan
- Double rooms – 5000 yuan.
Six House Orchid Garden:
- Single rooms – 8500 yuan
- Double rooms – 4750 yuan.
Each student must pay a prepayment of 500 yuan. The buildings have:
- Recreation areas
- Round-the-clock security
- Coworking zones
- Shared kitchens.
Activities Chongqing University
The most active option for students are sports activities. CQU has a huge number of thematic zones for different sports: fitness, swimming, climbing, team games, etc. The university has several sports teams participating in interuniversity competitions.
In addition to sports sections, students can develop their creative potential, additionally study topics of interest in the library and at seminars of invited speakers, engage in volunteer activities, attend public events and organize their own.
Several annual university events:
- International Festival of Culture
- Exhibition "Building Season of Chongqing University"
- New Year's Eve performance
- Major Football/Basketball League
- Chinese Language Competition for International Students
- CQU is among the top 1% of universities in China
- Member of projects "211" and "985"
- Large library fund
- 4 campuses on a huge territory of 347 hectares.
Facilities and equipment at Chongqing University
CQU consists of 4 study campuses surrounded by mountains and green areas. The territory of the university was awarded the title of "Garden University" from the Chongqing Municipality. In 2001, the Technology Park appeared - one of the 22 state technology parks in China.
- 4 educational buildings with classrooms, laboratories
- Library with more than 5 million books
- Several lakes: Jin, Yun, Min Zhu, etc.
- Eastern Gate
- Northern Gate Comprehensive Training Center
- Medical Center
- School buildings
- Canteens and restaurants
- Clock Tower
- Computer Center
- Sports complex – occupies an area of 152 670 sq.m. On the territory there are open areas, an indoor stadium of 18,981 sq. m., fields for athletics, football, basketball, volleyball zones, fitness rooms, swimming pool, etc.
- Architectural hall.
The University Hospital has 4 branches on each campus. It serves students and teachers, is responsible for prevention and health, health education, rehabilitation.
Admission dates and extra charges
Semesters at CQU:
Exams are held in January and July. Classes start daily at 7:30 a.m.
Students rest on the days of national, international calendar holidays.
Additional costs will include:
- Consumables, books
- Accommodation, meals – from 2200 yuan/month
- Transport – from 500 yuan/month
- Parking for car
- Sports, recreation
- Personal expenses (mobile communication, clothing, off-campus vacations, etc.).
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
From applicants entering the bachelor's programs, you will be required:
- Physical, mental health
- Age – from 18 years to 30 years
- Diploma of secondary education
- Compliance with academic requirements related to the declared specialty
- Minimum level HSK4 (Chinese for foreigners) – from 180 points
- Personal statement containing general personal characteristics (hobbies, educational goals) from 500 words
- Proof of payable capacity (at least 30,000 yuan)
- Registration fee – 400 yuan
- Application on the official website of the university / in the admission committee.
Future graduate students will need to provide additionally:
- Bachelor's Degree
To study in China, foreign students need a visa.
Scholarships Chongqing University
Most financial incentive options are based on academic merit. Also, CQU urgently helps low-income students and those who are in a difficult life situation.
Some scholarship options:
- Chinese Government Scholarship
- Bilateral projects for specific countries
- Special Scholarship for Chinese Graduates
- Chongqing Municipal Government Mayor Scholarship for International Students
- Chongqing University President's Scholarship for International Students.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Chongqing University
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
|- we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
|- we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
|- recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.