Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
Description of Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
- Established: 1957
- Type: State Higher Educational Institution
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Language of instruction: English.
Ho Chi Minh University of Technology (HCMUT) was founded in 1957 and is recognized as the center of excellence among technology universities in Vietnam. The institution maintains an excellent reputation in higher education, promotes intellectual growth, provides a good learning environment, supports and encourages the development of students' potential.
HCMUT currently offers a wide range of undergraduate, graduate and doctoral study programs.
The institution is part of Vietnam National University, Ho Chi Minh City.
Programs and prices, tuition fees in Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
Accommodation, meals, prices
The university provides the opportunity to live in a hostel.
Activities Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
In their free time, students can take part in cultural exchange events, go in for sports, join a team or club, and learn new foreign languages.
In the summer, HCMUT students can volunteer in rural areas, doing practical and useful tasks, such as building roads and bridges, repairing houses, and teaching children to read and write.
- HCMUT belongs to 5% of the best and most prestigious educational institutions in the world
- The University is among the top 5 best universities in the country, occupying the 3rd position in the ranking
- The institution offers distance learning programs, international exchange and scholarship programs to its students.
Facilities and equipment at Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
HCMUT has two campuses: one located in the inner part of Ho Chi Minh City, and the other in the metropolitan area about 4 km from the city center.
University logistics includes:
- Training laboratories and workshops
- Conference hall
- Computer center
- The library
- Laboratory for Digital Management and Systems Engineering (DCSELAB)
- Centers for - the development of information technology and geographic information system (DITAGIS); water and polymer research; construction technology (REACTEC); oil refining and petrochemicals (RPTC), etc.
Admission dates and extra charges
The university has a two-semester academic year.
- Cost of living in Ho Chi Minh City = $ 375 -674 $ / month.
Entry requirements, how to apply, what is required to enrol
To enter the university you need:
- Education Documents
- Certificate of English Proficiency TOEFL / IELTS
- National entrance exam.
Depending on the chosen program, additional requirements may be presented to the applicant.
Institution on the map
Residence permits, citizenship and other services
Review about Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology
Recommendations on when to apply
|Language courses, schools and children's language camps||Primary and secondary education - private schools||Preparation programmes for entering universities - higher education||Higher education (after completing accredited programs A-level, IB, High School) - Bachelor, Master, MBA|
| - we recommend to apply 6-9 months before the start of the course (some camps and schools offer discounts for early booking or for lengthy study programs) |
- there are some very popular and high demand children's camps, where the applications need to be submitted 1 year in advance (in particular Switzerland , Great Britain , USA , Canada , Austria)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the training program, |
- some schools have a specific time frame (September-November - please specify an individual school)
- some schools require tests in several stages (UKISET, internal tests of the school: English, mathematics, logics, subjects, interview, some require a personal visit)
| - we recommend to apply one year before the start of the program, |
- for Foundation and Pathway programs, IELTS and TOEFL certificates are usually required, respectively
| - recommended submission one year before the start of the program, |
- the deadline normally closes in January, for TOP HEIs and, as a rule, in March in other universities
- for a bachelor, a Foundation or Pathway preparatory program a completed A-level, IB, High School + IELTS / TOEFL are required
- for Masters you need a graduated higher education, in some cases you need a pre-Masters program
- MBA requires completed higher education, work experience preferably at least 2-3 years, etc.